Offer Of Money! Default Removal!

Angy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Folks,

I have about 4 Defaults on my credit report. A friend told me i can negotiate by offering 10% of the money owed to each of them. In turn, they will remove my name from credit agencies. Is this true?

Please assist.

The default will stay on your record for 6 years regardless of whether you offer any money to them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello Guys,

I have a number of accounts with barclays. One of them have £400 overdraft. I hardly use the account at all. There is no direct debit and i dont use the card at all. The charge me the overdraft charge monthly. Sometimes the balance on the account will be £410 due to charges. I pay like £10/£20 into the account sometimes.

I checked my credit repoirt recently and i saw default had been registered for this account. What can i do to get it removed?

Thanks

When was the date of the default for EGG - if the default only had a short time left then yes, it would come off at the correct time.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

When was the date of the default for EGG - if the default only had a short time left then yes, it would come off at the correct time.

1) I cant remember the date

2) Do creditors normally accept that kind of 10%? Do you have a teplate of such?

Thanks

Basically nothing you can do, if the account has gone over limit

on a number of occasions the default is automatic.

You will have had at sometime prior to the default date shown on

the CRA entry received a Default Notice giving you an opportunity

to rectify the default, having failed to rectify the default is placed.

You need to pay a regular amount to keep interest and charges to

a minimum.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

There are templates in the CAG library, link is at top of screen to the left.

I rather suspect there wont be anything that will be of use to your situation though.

BCOBS

HI Angry,

If you are experiencing Financial Difficulties, you can ask Barclays to stop adding interest and/or charges to the a/c. If they agree, any payments you make will be directly reducing the a/c balance. See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?557-Letter-for-an-application-for-consideration-for-hardship

If you are not regarded as being in FD, you should make it a priority to pay whatever you can to reduce the balance regularly, to avoid default charges and reduce the crippling interest they charge for the o/d.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 year later...

I have a number of accounts with barclays.

On this particular one, i have £400 overdraft which now a debt of £470 due to interest etc.

I received letters last week titled '' Your facilities have now been withdrawn '' .

I just dont have money to clear this off. Does that mean a default had been registered on my name?

Can i just start paying some money on this account for a while until is is cleared?

Cheers

Hi Angy,

Unless you come to an arrangement to pay this which is accepted by the bank, they may well place it with their Collections Dept and demand payment of the full balance.

If you are now, or have recently been, in Financial Difficulty, you may be able to reclaim default charges using The Lending Code.

See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387436-Letter-for-consideration-regarding-Hardship-or-Financial-Difficulty

This can also be used to ask that the bank stops adding interest and/or default charges, although that may stop anyway if the a/c is closed and placed with Collections.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Angy,

We normally suggest you keep everything in writing only. Otherwise, bank staff can tell you they agree to something and then say later they never agreed to it at all.

Do you think "Financial Difficulty" might apply to you, as per my suggestions above ?

Edited by slick132

Cheers.

I spoke to them and they gave 2 options;

1) If i pay £80 a month for the next 6 months, the money will be cleared and all back to normal or

2) I send them a budget sheet. we will agreed a small amount but the account will be closed permanently.

My fear is the default which will affect my credit file which i am trying hard to clean up.

• 1 year later...

Good morning.

I checked my credit score last night and found that a default was placed on my account last year by Barclays bank.

I have 2 accounts with them which i opened over 10 years ago.

I have overdraft facility of £400 on this particular account. Which i used regularly and pay bla bla bla.

Few years ago, my wages dont go to that account so i hardly even access the account.

The amount is £300 which i can afford to pay. Is there any tactics i can use to pay this and remove the default from my record?

Thanks

old and new threads merged

so how did you get on the last few times you've asked this?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...