Eviction for Benefit Fraud. Please Help.

inn0cence
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again.

I'm not sure we need the life story, and please don't name names. If you give information that isn't relevant to the current problem, it will make it harder for people to advise you.

Are there other details you can give us that you think would help this claim?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm happy to help if I can,,but I am NOT a professional by any means,,I only know things from my own experiences..I'm sure others on here know a lot more than I do and I'm happy to be guided by them,but I will indeed try and understand the problem and help if I can.

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Hi HB,,can u answer a question for me,,,HB is still paid DURING an investigation and only STOPPED when the allegation is proven? Am I correct?

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Hello again.

I'm not sure we need the life story, and please don't name names. If you give information that isn't relevant to the current problem, it will make it harder for people to advise you.

Are there other details you can give us that you think would help this claim?

HB

thanks hb, i will try to keep it very brief, but there is a lot you guys need to know.

Hi HB,,can u answer a question for me,,,HB is still paid DURING an investigation and only STOPPED when the allegation is proven? Am I correct?

this is why i am desperate for this question to be answered by an expert. this is the main factor at the moment.

CAB and some others say that you can make a fresh claim at any time yr circumstances change. so even if bfraud think she lived with someone from a certain period. she has evidence that he definately does not live there now.

this does sound a bit like she is guilty but because her ex-partner cannot produce any documents for where he has been for a lot of the time that the bfraud ppl say he has been living there. but he has clear documents for the last year and bit.

Hb :) Right,,,this is what happened to someone I know...she stayed over at her fella's a lot for a year,,she gets full HB..then her fella moved in with her but she didn't tell HB,,,someone told them,,she was investigated but her HB DIDN'T stop,,,she got a vsit from HB officers,,,she was able to prove that she hadn't lived away for the year BUT they knew her fella had moved in 6 months earlier..so she got done for 6 months overpayment of HB (about 3k),,,and now she is all legal,and pays a fixed amount to HA each week to cover the deduction of HB that LA make for her rent.

Lillibelle

Originally Posted by Lillibelle viewpost-right.png

My understanding of LHA (HB) is that it remains payable but payment can be suspended for a period. If requested documents are not provided within this period, the claim is cancelled from date of suspension. If documents show no case to answer, then the claim will be re-instated and back-dated to date of suspension.

You mentioned the CTax wanted 10k off of your friend,,are Housing Benefit asking for repayment too? have they set a figure?

I think I posted at start of thread. Not sure though.

C. Tax sent her to court a couple of months ago, she spoke to someone before standing in front of judge, then this gentleman from C. Tax didn't have a clue and told her not to go into court and he would have a look into it for her. 3/4 weeks later she gets letter from bailiffs to pay back about £10k. I

1) As the previous claim has terminated, then YES, she can make a new claim

2) As advised by Estellyn, she will need to complete a new claim form and submit it to the Local Authority

3) If she can satisfy the Local Authority that she is entitled to HB, then they should pay it. If she can't satisfy the Local Authority, then her claim will be refused.

Did your friend write to HM Courts and Tribunals Service to get a short notice hearing?

If so, has she had a response or listing for her appeal?

not yet, i will have to do it for her when i get the time and energy and when i'm not at work, i work very long hours. her english is terrible like i explained

how do i find out which court to write to? and their address? perhaps maybe someone could word it for me..

I think I posted at start of thread. Not sure though.

C. Tax sent her to court a couple of months ago, she spoke to someone before standing in front of judge, then this gentleman from C. Tax didn't have a clue and told her not to go into court and he would have a look into it for her. 3/4 weeks later she gets letter from bailiffs to pay back about £10k. I

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?364718-Housing-Benefit-While-Under-Investigation&p=3973622&viewfull=1#post3973622

What the point of people helping you and you friend by confusing the issue and starting another thread else where on CAG and confusing everyone

Sorry but your just grasping at strings now when your friend should be looking to find some else to live...

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Originally Posted by Lillibelle viewpost-right.png

My understanding of LHA (HB) is that it remains payable but payment can be suspended for a period. If requested documents are not provided within this period, the claim is cancelled from date of suspension. If documents show no case to answer, then the claim will be re-instated and back-dated to date of suspension.

that is in truth what i want to hear.

but i really hope it is the case in real life.

like i sad b4 they have asked her for documents and she has given copies to the local office. and she has a reciept for it. so fingers crossed.

if anyone has anymore experience with this matter, all comments welcome.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?361109-Eviction-for-Benefit-Fraud.-Please-Help.&p=3938593&viewfull=1#post3938593

What the point of people helping you and you friend by confusing the issue and starting another thread else where on CAG and confusing everyone

Sorry but your just grasping at strings now when your friend should be looking to find some else to live...

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?364718-Housing-Benefit-While-Under-Investigation&p=3973622&viewfull=1#post3973622

What the point of people helping you and you friend by confusing the issue and post else where on CAG and confusing everyone

Sorry but you grasping at strings when your friend should be looking to find some else to live..

this thread is in the residental section. i wanted to post a clear question on the benefits section. it is the only way i know how to do it. dont shoot me down for not being clever with internet and computers please.

and who did i confuse?

the other thread is a clear question that i asked, if you read this whole thread you can understand the full story.

I'm going to be really straight here,,It does look ,to all intents and purposes,that your friend has been misclaiming,,and she best get her housing situation sorted cos they will evict her as soon as they legally can.I think she is banking on getting benefits and that is not what she should be focusing on,,she has to get this sorted,waiting on a claim she has already been told has failed is unrealistic,,and she needs to get the ctax thing sorted,,cos thats a massive amount..Housing Benefit will want their money back too.

Lillibelle

I'm going to be really straight here,,It does look ,to all intents and purposes,that your friend has been misclaiming,,and she best get her housing situation sorted cos they will evict her as soon as they legally can.I think she is banking on getting benefits and that is not what she should be focusing on,,she has to get this sorted,waiting on a claim she has already been told has failed is unrealistic,,and she needs to get the ctax thing sorted,,cos thats a massive amount..Housing Benefit will want their money back too.

i really need to tell you guys the full story. please dont make jugdements on her mis-claiming. she never has mis-claimed. her ex's letters came to her address, this is how it all started. this is getting a bit messy now, im at work and boss should be here soon, so i'll talk later. but we shouldnt all be 2 gun happy, thats how ppl's life's can get ruined.

There is a clear question at the top of this page.

I just wanted an answer to this question.

Some ppl say I can. And some ppl say I can't. Like it clearly says at the top of the post. If it is possible to get HB turned on then does she really have to be thinking about moving?

Come on mate, you've been helpfull in the past.

There is a clear question at the top of this page.

I just wanted an answer to this question.

Some ppl say I can. And some ppl say I can't. Like it clearly says at the top of the post. If it is possible to get HB turned on then does she really have to be thinking about moving?

Come on mate, you've been helpfull in the past.

Hello again.

Yes, it's a clear question, but this seems to be a complicated situation and there may not be a clear answer, we're all trying to guess what might happen.

As I said, this is not my area of expertise, but I imagine the only way to know if it will be granted is to put in the application and see what happens.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum