Tenant leaves council want rent back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

My tenant from hell has recently vacated my property ,The first thing I know about it is the council tell me they have overpaid me the rent and want it back (£900) .The tenant has left some of her property in the flat and never returned the key, How do I stand in regard to the council and returning the money ? ,I have found a similar letter to the ex tenant from the council so it looks like the council are trying to get the money back from her as well!

Many thanks Jezzy

R.B.S Mastercard £7,189.00 written off default removed

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF YOU HAVE FOUND MY ADVICE HELPFULL PLEASE CLICK ON MY SCALES, ALL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH AND IS MY OPINION ONLY

I'd have thought the Council should be pursuing their claimant, not you, unless you entered into a written agreement with them on starting direct payments. When would she appear to have abandoned?

You might want to consider changing the lock barrels if a key is missing.

Hi there

My tenant from hell has recently vacated my property ,The first thing I know about it is the council tell me they have overpaid me the rent and want it back (£900) .The tenant has left some of her property in the flat and never returned the key, How do I stand in regard to the council and returning the money ? ,I have found a similar letter to the ex tenant from the council so it looks like the council are trying to get the money back from her as well!

Many thanks Jezzy

Housing benefit is payable from the day tenant moves in until day tenant moves out,when HB is paid direct to LL,LL may have to pay any over payment back ?

LL can appeal HB decision in circumstances,but your have to be quick and your local council HB department can advise you

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/BeginnersGuideToBenefits/DG_10035707

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Thanks for the reply's

The council were paying me direct because the tenant got the rent and spent it!! so I got it sent direct to me ,seems strange that they are trying to recover the over payment from myself and the tenant, I am under a lot of financial pressure at the moment ,If I have to pay it back do you think I will be able to do it in smallish installments?

Many thanks Jezzy

R.B.S Mastercard £7,189.00 written off default removed

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF YOU HAVE FOUND MY ADVICE HELPFULL PLEASE CLICK ON MY SCALES, ALL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH AND IS MY OPINION ONLY

Thanks for the reply's

The council were paying me direct because the tenant got the rent and spent it!! so I got it sent direct to me ,seems strange that they are trying to recover the over payment from myself and the tenant, I am under a lot of financial pressure at the moment ,If I have to pay it back do you think I will be able to do it in smallish instalments?

Many thanks Jezzy

Not sure,contact the local HB department the letter came from see what you can arrange with them,Good luck.....

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...