My Boyfriend's Ex - help needed

nicsheehan1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All!

Right, this is a bit of a different one lol!

My boyfriend was going out with a girl a for 3 years, they split up last year.

When they first got together this girl said to him that because he had some outstanding debts (credit cards, loans etc), she wouldn't be with him because of these. She then bullied him into borrowing about £10,000 off her to pay these off so that she would get with him.

He didn't want to borrow this money, but because she was bullying him, let her do as she pleased. So, all his debts were paid. His girlfriend then, whilst they were together, made my him pay every single penny of his wages for 3 years into her bank account so she had all the money. She gave him spending money each week, which wasn't much at all!!!!

Anyway, they split up last year and he was paying about £350 into her bank account each month to repay her this money she lent him. As my boyfriend and I have just moved into a house, we have a mortgage etc to pay so we can't afford to give her £350 each month. However, we are still paying her £150 per month.

This month our mortgage payment was slighter higher than usual so therefore couldn't afford to give her her £150.

She has e-mailed my boyfriend this week saying that she is going to be taking him to court for all the money he owes her.

My boyfriend has never signed anything for her and was at one point paying his monthly wages into her account. This girl now, has given him a list of things her owes her, this includes half of the utility bills, half shopping bills, even charged him for a bag of chips from the fish and chip shop!!!!! Some of the costs she has are absolutely ridiculous.

This girl is not short of a penny. She paid £90,000 cash for her house, has a car paid for, so somehow she is short?

So, the question i am asking is, does she have a good case for court? Would she win?

My boyfriend has send a letter to her asking for a copy of the credit agreement between them both, she doesn't have one. All she has is a list of things in a book for which she has given him money.

Can someone please give us some advice? If you have any questions please let me know and i will gladly answer them.

Thanks,

Nic xxxx

Hi nic

Was it a loan from a bank that they both signed for or just a loan from her?? unless she has something in writing and legally binding then I would say she would not but may be best to seek legal advice if she has anything.

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Well, it was more than £10,000, but she also knocked it down to that because he decided to invoice her for doing things round the house e.g. laying floors, rebuilding the barn etc.

She paid his wages in for the three years but she didn't spend it all on those bills, it was things she wanted etc. She just wanted to control him and take all his money away. At one point, she actually printed fake money off and handed it to my boyfriend, and at any time he needed money he had to give her in fake money how much he wanted off her and then she would give him the real money and make an IOU!!! She's mental i think!!

Well, it was more than £10,000, but she also knocked it down to that because he decided to invoice her for doing things round the house e.g. laying floors, rebuilding the barn etc.

She paid his wages in for the three years but she didn't spend it all on those bills, it was things she wanted etc. She just wanted to control him and take all his money away. At one point, she actually printed fake money off and handed it to my boyfriend, and at any time he needed money he had to give her in fake money how much he wanted off her and then she would give him the real money and make an IOU!!! She's mental i think!!

£350 a month for four years is £16,800.

Tell her if she sues, you will counterclaim for the £6,800.

Otherwise, forget it. Your boyfriend had £10,000 of debt taken care of, which was probably quite a benefit to him, and worth the money he paid over the year.

I expect no judge will want to try to assess the value of DIY work and whatever, nor try to assess the issuing of IOUs and other private arrangements between the two.

Tim

Just cut contact with her. If she goes to court she will have to PROVE all of this. You have my sympathies as all of my debt stems from a broken up relationship and my ex was trying to extort money out of me a while ago. I even stupidly signed over the entire amount of money from the sale of our house(in joint names) to her as it was easiest and she said she'd pay half of it into my debt.Never saw a penny of it. She also sold a car I paid for but was registered in her name. Now I wish I could take her to court for that. Its probably all just big talk. If she sues get a lawyer and go to town on her. Chicks!!!!!!!!!!

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !