• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CCA request - 1st credit old CITI card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What you have received would appear to be a ''reconstituted'' agreement, consisting

of the original and current terms and conditions, should have your name and address

and the creditors and all the tems etc.,

1st Credit like to produce these on old CITI cards.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you for your reply may be it is reconstituted CCA although it does not say , is reconstituted CCA valid by law and what should be my reply to 1st credit they are threatening me with bankrupcy please help thank you very much

In certain circumstances and depending on the recon complying with format and content

a judge may consider along with other evidence such as statements showing use of and

payments to an account that such a document is enough to enforce a debt,

Does the recon contain the original Ts & Cs and current Ts& Cs, interest rates etc.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

try and upload the main so called CCA1974 minus your personal details/bar codes, page 1 even if says application form for peeps to see and advise.

Hi MIKE770 thank you very much for your reply I will have access to a scanner next week when I send the so called CCA thanks again

Hi BRIGADIER2JCS thank you very much for reply when I get home I will look at the so called CCA for t&c etc and will post you and your advice would be very much appreciated thank you again

Hi BRIGADIER2JCS I have now looked at the CCA supposed to be and the first page has my name and address and citi name and address , there is only one terms & condition , interest rate but no signatures 12 pages of it please advise thank ever so much

Hi guys, sorry i have not been in touch - I have a copy of my CCA here now (hopefully!)

Any feedback very welcome

BTW they received my request 31st may and the postmark on the envelope they replied with is 01st August? were they in breach of any response guidelines?

Thank you very much

CCA.pdf

Sorry nick15 that's a bit out of my league, I just answer where I can and what I can be sure of.

But rest assured as the evening go's on people will be logging in from after work

and they will assist you.

You have come to the right place, fantastic site and support.

Hi guys

I also need to explain that I had citi card which I was paying but a year and a half years ago

I became to financial difficulty and citi accepted reduced payments

I was glad until 17 months ago when citi advised that my account would go to opus ,

I did not hear from opus and as the result I did not make payments, about 4 months ago

I had a letter from 1st credit with assignment notice and 1st credit asking for a lot of money per month that I can not absolutely afford

I have offered 100 pounds per month but 1st credit is not accepting although I have been paying and they are threatening me with bankrupcy

because I have equity in my joint name mortgage in our house .

Reading the forums I CCA ed 1st credit and I have uploaded for your help,

I believe opus has defaulted for selling my debt to 1st credit without any contact at all with me first?

Please help and your advice would be very much appreciated

thank you

Ok par for the course with 1st Crud and old Associates cards, when exactly was the account opened?

When was the last payment made?

When if at all did you last acknowledge that the debt was yours in writting.?

It would appear that so far that everything has been done correctly, you had an NOA from 1st Crud, opus has no obligation to

inform you that they may sell the debt, either the creditor or the assignee may inform you the debt has been sold.

You say you have been paying, who have you brrn paying and when?

The owner of a ''debt'' can sell it at any time without reference to the debtor other than a notice of assignment which you have

received.

What has been provided appears to be a recon, ie, all the T&Cs of the original agreement and the cuurrent terms and any alterations/amendments, as the op has made offers of payment there is now no way of denying liability imo.

The Qusetion now is only how to negotiate payments that 1st Credit will accept!!!

Hi Brigadier2JCS thank you for your reply ,

account was opened with Associates in 1997 sorry I don't know the exact date ,

I have not acknowledge my debt in writing,

I paid Associates ( Citi) until 17 months ago and only for 4 months

I paid them at reduced rate as I became in financial difficulty towards the end .

I stopped my payments as Citi wrote me that my account has been transferred to opus

where payments should be sent upon receiving an introdutionary pack from opus which I never received.

What I meant is can they sell my account before trying to collect payments themselves ?

As soon as Crud contacted me 4 months ago I started paying 100 pounds a month and now have made 4 payments despite Crud is wanting 680 a month.

I am so sorry that this letter is so long ,

I am really worried sick ,

do you think they can make me bankrupt because I cant afford more than 100 pounds monthly thank you very much

Hi Bandit127 thank you for your reply please explain what PDF stands for sorry for my ignorance

The file you uploaded - it is a PDF... i.e filename.PDF

Since the account was started pre April 2007, they will need the original agreement if they want to get a judgement (but you must defend a claim or they will get judgement by default).

They didn't tell you in the letter if the original is available. I suspect not.

I am no expert but I don't think the recon is compliant either. No name, address, account number and a credit limit of 0..? Brig - you said it is a recon but do you think it is compliant?

The file you uploaded - it is a PDF... i.e filename.PDF

Since the account was started pre April 2007, they will need the original agreement if they want to get a judgement (but you must defend a claim or they will get judgement by default).

They didn't tell you in the letter if the original is available. I suspect not.

I am no expert but I don't think the recon is compliant either. No name, address, account number and a credit limit of 0..? Brig - you said it is a recon but do you think it is compliant?

Hi bandit 127 thank you for your reply , no they have not stated that whether the origional is available or not nor they have said what they sent is a recon thank you again

If the recon conforms to the format and content laid down in case law and the creditor/dca can produce evidence of useage and payments made on the account it

will be acceptable.

Without seeing the recon one cannot judge for certain on it's validity.

Brig - I was asking about what the OP attached in post 11. Just seems to be T&Cs. No agreement (as stated in the covering letter). Credit limit of 0.

Hence my question to the OP - were there any pages missing? It seems one major page might be - but as said I am no expert.

Below for clarity.

CCA.pdf