Help with Mackenzie Hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first post so forgive me if I have done anything wrong.

A couple of years ago my partner and I splitt up which resulted in me getting into debt with a Halifax credit card, as I could no longer aford the mortgage and all the bills on my own.

I have now recieved a letter from Mackenzie Hall stating:

"We are writing to notify you that Halifax has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in

respect of the above referenced account ( including the outstanding balance ) to Mackenzie Hall Dept Purchase Limited, effective 31/07/2012.

the total balance sold was £11812.04, as at the date of sale 3/07/2012. any payments made

towards your account after 31/07/2012 will be forwarded to Mackenzie Hall, and will be deducted from the balance shown above.

Under the terms of this assignment, and as defined in the data protection act 1998, Mackenzie Hall, is now the data controller of your personal data contained in the records of this account.

Mackenzie Hall Limited has been appointed to manage your account and it is essential that all future payments and correspondents be directed to Mackenzie Hall."

I have also recieved another letter from the Halifax stating that "the Halifax has now assigned to Mackenzie Hall Debt Purchase Limited the outstanding balance under the above account effective 31/07/2021."

would anyone know if this is an Legal (Equitable) Assignment or if it is an Absolute Assignment, I recieved both letters in the mail, and they were not sent by recorded delivery.

I know I have this dept and i would like to clear it as soon as possible ( although I cannot afford to do it in a single payment ) but I would much rather clear this with the Halifax rather than deal with Mackenzie Hall, as i have read some very bad reports about how they opperate.

any advice on what I should do would be greatly appretiated.

Many thanks

bottlescrewbill

Hi, Welcome to CAG> Absolute sale with al rights and title.

MH are all posture and threats.

They do not need to be sent RD.

Make A CCA Request to to if MH have the agreement,

there is a statutory fee of £1 payable and they have 12+ 2 days

to comply. send £1 postal marked for statutory fee only

There is a template letter in the CAG library.

1. Does the debt show on credit files?

I know from experience that Halifax will refer any attempt to pay

them straight back to MH.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you to the both of you for making me feel welcome, it looks like I am going to have to deal with MH after all then, and see if I

Can come to some sort of payment plan.

I don't know if this shows on my credit rating, I suspect it probably does, I will check the next time I get home.

I work at sea for two weeks at a time, so I can't do much till I get home, also there might be a delay in replying to the posts

As I can only get on the net when we are close to land.

Does anyone have experience at dealing with MH, as I've read they can be very nasty and try all sort of tricks,

All I want to do is set up a payment plan, and try to get out of debt, but from what I've read they can be a nightmare do deal with.

Cheers

Bottlescrewbill

Yes many times dealt with and seen of including ''gestures of good will'' from them.

You tell them not the otherway round state what you are going to do and do it!!

It's your money you pay what you can reasonably afford.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: