Getting a refund if Welcome charges

brighton1972
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have 2 accounts with Welcome Finance, HP and personal loan, I know I have been charged fees by them for missing payments or whatever but could someone please point me in the right direction about getting these fees refunded. Also I double checked my balance with them then other day and it does not match what my credit file says (credit file amount owed shows oustanding balance as slightly lower) where do i stand with this? I quoted to them the balance shown and they said it has never been that amount according to their records. Thanks

Ok

So when you get those you would need to prepare a spreadsheet showing how much you are claiming i.e. charges plus interest.

You would send a preliminary letter of claim and if they refuse you would send a "Letter Before Action" and if they still don't pay you would need to sue to get them back.

While waiting for your statements, have a read around some other threads to get up to speed on what may need to be done.

Interest is statutory - I think it's 8 % but check this out first

They charged the OP interest on the charges at their rate so that is what the OP should at least claim back. Can be a higher rate if going for interest in restitution.