Yet Another Hastings Direct Non Fault Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Around a month ago I was sitting in my parked Audi tt quattro...I was then hit by a driver who came across 2 lanes of traffic and ploughed into the front of me

Fast forward to today..Ive just been given what i can only describe as a very poor offer by Hastings.

I told them i wasnt happy with their offer...their response was to cancel my courtesy car and issue a cheque for the amount i rejected.

After phoning them i was told to send in 3 examples of similar spec car for the car to be revalued...i sent in 5 examples from each of the top car selling sites (ebay autotrader gumtree etc)...all examples were the cheapest in the whole of the uk for each site and all more than double the the offer i was given.

I was then contacted by somebody from Hastings informing me that the car i own was a cat D in 2005 so the poor offer has now been reduced further.

so through no fault of my own ive been left in real financial difficulty.Ive also been left semi stranded due to the courtesy car being withdrawn.

I have been recording all my call from Hastings Direct and i have hours of constant lies now saved away.

This was all done without my car being properly inspected. The so called engineer who wrote my car off didnt have access to the car and only did a look from the outside.didnt open the bonnet or doors,didnt check the mileage( so classed it as average mileage even though its way under average) but yet still came to the amazing repair bill of nearly 5000 pounds...even though 2 local mechanics have laughed this valuation off.

i shall be contacting my lawyer to pursue this matter further as im far from happy.

Any advice in the meantime would be appreciated

moved this to the hastings forum

the rep should see it and help

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

TBH im not really interested in PI..Im more concerned with the poor value placed on my car...i just though maybe my solicitor could advise me what channels to go down to appeal the decision as Hastings Direct constantly just keep lying to me

Hi Jonathan, Thanks for taking the time to post and also getting in contact with me directly. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service you have received. I will now pick this up and make sure that your situation is investigated. If there is anything further in the meantime that I can help with please feel free to get in contact. [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie