style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I rented a single room in 4 bedroom shared house in sheffield and paid all my rent in advance and on time, when I moved in

initially as it was a already shared by 3 people, so bathroom and kitchen was not very clean but would say ok ok condition.

I stayed there as per my rental agreement and gave notice to my landlady on time and the day I left which was 16th March

2011. I called her to return my deposit and have a look if all OK with the room, She said she can't come as busy and she asked

me to text her my new address and she would send a cheque to my new address. She didn't do so for couple of weeks, I called

her and she didn't pick my call, only thing she did was text me that I left the room in dirty condition and there were some nuts

below my bed, hence she won't return my deposit.

I gave up after calling and texting her many times, as I was new to UK and thought solicitor would be expensive as £200 was the

deposit amount.

I agree there were some nuts left beside the bed but I left the room in much cleaner and better condition to what I got initially.

but she kept entire £200 for that.

I do not think she protected my deposit in any deposit protection scheme also, I still have her details and tenancy agreement.

This place I left on 16th March 2011, so has been around a year or so, as I became more aware after being in UK for couple of

years, could anyone advise please if I could do something to get my deposit back, appreciate your advise.

Thanks

Hi Conniff - Thanks for your reply, I will do so. Could you also please suggest kind of format I could use like for example, I give her a date to return deposit, ask her to reply to letter by a date or in case not replied or returned what I intend to do further.