Made a mistake as an agency worker then become permanent. - advice pls

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3127 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

When I was employed as an agency worker I didn't receive any training on Data Protection. I did receive an email attachement with the companies DP policy but wasn't 'briefed' about it - as I should have been as stated in their policy.

Cut a long story short, I became a permanent employee of the company. Shortly afterwards, I was suspended because when I was an agency worker I emailed a document home to work on and this wasn't allowed according to their DP policy.

Agency workers do not go on any type of Induction Course with the company - only permanent staff and I was scheduled to go on one but got suspended before I did.

The company are deeming it as gross misconduct.

Anyone been in a similar position or have any thoughts / throw some light on this?

Im not denying I did it and my motives was to help the organisation. HOwever im peeved that they didn't give me the training and when it went wrong dumped on me from a great height.

NatWest

Data Protection Act Letter - 06/08/2006

Statements rec'd 14/9/2006

Preliminary Letter sent - 27/9/06

LBA - 18/10/06

Claim with Court - 31/10/2006

Got until 14/11/06 to acknowledge.

7/11/06 Received ltr offering full settlement minus

interest + court costs

12/11/06 - Rejection sent

17/11/6006 - Natwest Acknowledged

4/12/06 - Rec'd Natwest Def (Cobbetts)

5/1206 - Rec'd partial offer (Cobbetts)

THE WOOLWICH

Data Protection Act Letter - 06/08/2006

List of charges rec'd - 04/9/2006

Prelimary Letter sent - 06/09/2006

Response - 'fully investigating' - 11/09/2006

Claim with Court - 20/10/06

Acknowledged - 20/10/2006

Defence by 17/11/2006

AQ to be returned - 11/12/2006

Court Date - 14/02/2007

**SETTLED IN FULL**

CAPITAL ONE

**SETTLED IN FULL** 3/11/06

Did you not read the Policy? I am not sure that companies have to physically brief all employees on every company policy and DP is one that I would have thought that they would expect you to read, I can only suggest that you explain what happened, apologise and hope for the best as having only just been employed you wouldnt have any employment protection.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Hi

Did you revieve the email copy of the DP Policy before or after you emailed the document to your home?

Now you say you have had no induction/training is this still the case to date in the permanent position?

As this is for Gross Misconduct has the company explained your rights to be accompanied at the meeting by either a Union Reprasentative or a Work Colleague?

You may need to write to them (always get proof of posting) and request the following:

(NOTE: You want these full unedited document not what is in a staff/employee handbook as this will be a shortened version. When you get these documents first thin to check is the date the policy/procedure was approved and importantly when the next review date is. Some companies are lax and if its past is review date another angle for you to approach this but you dont warn them you bring it up at any meeting).

1. Disciplinary & Grievance Policy and Procedure.

2. Training Policy and Procedure.

3. Induction Policy and Procedure.

4. Electronic Communication & Security Policy and Procedure.

These PDF may be of help:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group