Help with an injunction or restraining order for a diagnosed severe depressive

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will keep it short as I can but my close friend ex-girlfriends split with him last week after 4years.

Normally this wouldnt be a problem however my friend has been off work for a number of months with major depression disorder and anxiety and taking numerous medicines and counseling to help.

With all help we were making very good progress and kept on top of the situation so my friends was very positive - then when she left things have gone significantly worse.

She is constantly sending one liner comments and 'like' tags to his friends on facebook which is really getting him down so much so that we had to take him for two medical assessments because we think he thinking of doing something very bad.

A lot of the 100+ friends they known together she has not previously engaged with now it seems that she is doing it on purpose. Both medical offices we saw today reiterated that given the current health problems my friend is having, and more importantly the long term actions, the interaction with his close friends and his network of friends are detrimental to his and personal well being and could lead to far greater consequences as he has in the past tried to commit suicide.

We have been to look into either a restraining or injunction order give the risk to life. Could anyone offer any advice please? there is also a issue in the will not provide a forwarding address of were she is staying.

Any help would be gratefully accepted My friends is at his wits end and we are so scared he will do something stupid if we cannot get his ex to stop whats she is doing

Edited by citizenB
formatting

I will keep it short as I can but my close friend ex-girlfriends split with him last week after 4years. Normally this wouldnt be a problem however my friend has been off work for a number of months with major depression disorder and anxiety and taking numerous medicines and counseling to help.With all help we were making very good progress and kept on top of the situation so my friends was very positive - then when she left things have gone significantly worse. She is constantly sending one liner comments and 'like' tags to his friends on facebook which is really getting him down so much so that we had to take him for two medical assessments because we think he thinking of doing something very bad. A lot of the 100+ friends they known together she has not previously engaged with now it seems that she is doing it on purpose. Both medical offices we saw today reiterated that given the current health problems my friend is having, and more importantly the long term actions, the interaction with his close friends and his network of friends are detrimental to his and personal well being and could lead to far greater consequences as he has in the past tried to commit suicide.

We have been to look into either a restraining or injunction order give the risk to life. Could anyone offer any advice please? there is also a issue in the will not provide a forwarding address of were she is staying.

Any help would be gratefully accepted My friends is at his wits end and we are so scared he will do something stupid if we cannot get his ex to stop whats she is doing

delete Facebook and don't look at it.

delete Facebook and don't look at it.

Please do not give out comments like that. Ignorance isnt the best course of action. OP, have you contacted facebook to see what they advise? Actions they can take includes shutting the offenders page down, and/or contacting the police. Remember, harassment is harassment and online harassment specifically is being clamped down on hard lately. Meanwhile i would take some time to speak to a solicitor who deals in this area. There are plenty who offer the first hour free.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Although FB have the right to close down offenders accounts or/and notify the police if the comments etc amount to harasment, I think that they would advise closing the account as well.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Most likely they would. But they would also get the authorities involved as EVERYTHING on Facebook is recorded.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

One thing you could do is speak to an actual solicitor who deals with these issues. There are plenty who offer the first hour or the first consultation free. Plus there are various ways of paying the solicitor, including various grants/charities etc, once it has been through court.

Let me get this straight, is the ex doing anything directly to your friend or is she merely 'liking' and making comments on mutual friends FB pages? Are the comments nasty or directed to you friend?

If it is the latter then there is no chance of getting an injunction. I would agree with the first comment - Tell him to shut down his FB if he doesn't like seeing his ex's activity on there.

Actually if someone is amiing extreme disparagong and abusive comments about somebody then that person can be arrested. case in point, the recent events on twitter.

Actually if someone is amiing extreme disparagong and abusive comments about somebody then that person can be arrested. case in point, the recent events on twitter.

The OP didn't say the messages were abusive...

They dont have to be. Look at the recent twitter cases.

I'm sure if he deletes his ex and then blocks her they can never have contact. All of her interactions with others are hidden from him.

Try it and see but it needs to be done on a computer not a mobile site.

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Report them to facebook and your local police. They close or delete the facebook page. If you want to use facebook, open another profile, but make it completely private.

Ignoring what is happening doesnt stop it from happening.

Ignoring what is happening doesnt stop it from happening.

The OP needs to clarify exactly what the ex is saying on FB.

If she is just 'liking' photos and making normal comments on mutual friends FB (the OP doesn't say what the comments are about) then I cannot see what the ex has done wrong.