Urgent Advice needed. Leaving UK with pay day loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

i have been working in uk for a firm that i left in mid july. however at the end of july, i took three pay day loans with Quick quid, speedy cash and money shop for the total of 800 pounds and lied on loan application that i am still employed. i gave them the details of my employer who i left in mid july. they also took my passport photocopy.

due to some unforeseen circumtances, i have to leave uk permanantly next week

please help me with these questions

will they arrest me at airport?

will they contact my employer and sue them for the payment?

in my contract it says "right to contact employer"

does it mean they can call them and ask them for payment?

also, will i get a criminal record based on this?

please help

Hello all

i have been working in uk for a firm that i left in mid july. however at the end of july, i took three pay day loans with Quick quid, speedy cash and money shop for the total of 800 pounds and lied on loan application that i am still employed. i gave them the details of my employer who i left in mid july. they also took my passport photocopy.

due to some unforeseen circumtances, i have to leave uk permanantly next week

please help me with these questions

will they arrest me at airport?

will they contact my employer and sue them for the payment?

in my contract it says "right to contact employer"

does it mean they can call them and ask them for payment?

also, will i get a criminal record based on this?

please help

if your leaving the UK, i wouldnt bother. and no you cant be arrested at the airport.

hello.

thanks for the reply.

but do u think i should inform these pay day lenders that i am leaving and cant pay anymore.?

i am worried about having criminal record in uk.

also will they call my employer and sue them for payment? i am worried because then my employer will not provide me with references

You cant be arrested. However, i would get a new passport, as a PDL company has NO reason at all to get a copy of your passport.

Being in debt in the UK is NOT a crime. You can never be arrested, or have a criminal record for it.

They also cannot sue your employer as it is NOTHING to do with them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

thanks for the reply.

will they report me for fraud because i said in application that i was employed and the reality was that i left the job 2 weeks prior to application.

if they report me for fraud then will i then get a criminal record?

please advise

They could but chances are they wont unless you try and tell them. You are way overthinking things now.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Correct. Cag does not condone debt avoidance. However we will tell you the truth by saying being in debt is not a criminal offence in the UK. However, if/when you come back in the next few years, they could trace you and issue collection proceedings again. Its guaranteed they wont chase you abroad for £800 though.

Hello all

i have all intention to pay and i unexpectedly faced a shocking situation where my employment company is unable to sponsor me and i have to leave the country as my visa is expiring soon. i can only start paying from januaury next year as i have got a new job starting in canada then.

i am just worried about the pay day loan companies charging me of fraud when they find out by ringing at my work place and they will be told that i left the firm in mid july.

They wont chase you to canada for £800. It would cost them a small fortune in lawyer fees. And thats just to challenge jurisdiction.

Im not helping him avoid his debts. However, i also wont post lies and tell him he will be chased.

The truth is that he does owe the money, but if he moves from the country, they won't chase him as it would cost them a fortune to do so. He did take the debt out by fraudulant means, but on the other side, the PDL's had a legal duty as a "responsible lender" to check the guy out first. There are two sides to every story.

agreed, but in your previous posts it seems to strongly imply a "forget about it" attitude and you don't make much mention of the points in your very last post. I have changed a lot over the years because I learnt to stick up for my values, do the right thing and stop ducking and weaving because it always bites you on the arse in the end.

I always advise people to pay their debts, as i know from experience they come back on you. However, from what the OP has said, he will not be chased through different countries, but he IS willing to pay the debts. He just needs to defer them until a specific date.

Now, we both know that realistically, this wont happen. We've seen it many times before. Theres even a whole subforum on CAG dedicated to overseas debt.

I really hope the OP is on a wind up because having posted an identical thread about the same thing seems dubious to me. It's laughable that they want to wait five months to start repaying - no way will any loan or debt company agree to that and rightly so. The OP really needs to sort out how they can manage these defaults and payments once out of the country. It could be possible to do if payment plans can be set up before they leave and they fully adhere to it without having any problems arise whereby they might need to contact them in the future by phone. I do think some of the OP's comments and actions are slightly reckless and as I've said it's about taking active responsibility and dealing with the companies realistically.

OP; a question - I assume you provided an accurate living UK address? What happens when you start getting letters through the door from these companies with you not there and other tenants having to deal with influx of mail addressed to you etc?

By the way this guy has 30k of debt and is waiting for a redundancy payment.

Don't Australia use some of the same DCAs can his credit be affected?

Can't they go for a ccj at his previous address? Doubt he is telling them his new one or that he has moved abroad

Thanks 2009. Im retracting my previous comments. Its becoming clear that the OP is trying 100% to avoid his debt. Apologies to jamie.