Compliance check

faye arnold
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there hoping for a bit of positive advice. On Christmas day me and my ex hubby ended our marriage, he left and had no where perm to sleep, sometimes family sometimes friends etc, we had joint account, i still was able to get bills paid etc. May 19th he found perm living arrangements, we began changing things over and he removed all his belongings.

As it came to annual declaration i rang up and did it all at once, declared 2011 - 2012 and informed of separation. A telephone call came a week later saying they had received my single claim and could they ask why? I told them i have parted with my husband. she asked if it was before or after the april end of tax year, i said well to be honest he has been gone since xmas day but we have been sorting things out slowely and we had joint account etc. Letter came 19th july compliance check, asked for bank statements inc joint accounts, gas/elec/telephone council tax, i sent them all straight in. they rang few days after saying they had received the papers and could they have an address for my ex husband. I gave them it.

I feel drained and have had no payment since i ended the joint claim. I am yet to hear bk. I have removed him from the council tax, the electoral roll is currently being updated as the canvassers have been round, all bills are in my name as i changed them straight away, they only thing is a joint bank account which i have sent the mandate off to have my name removed. they have to now write to him and do the same.

He always transferred most of his wage into the joint account to help me. now i have my divorce forms all filled in and ready (just got no money to pay it) my bank account is now set up and my money into my account and he has agreed a set payment monthly.

what else can they possibly want, their tone of voice on the phone is not as welcoming as i'd hope and they really don't give you clear answers. I have three children and childcare fees are mounting up as well as rent, my landlord and nursery are aware of what is happening and ok to wait but does anyone know how long this process takes and is there anything i can offer them as further proof!!

Thanks peeps:|

That award letter arrived and then the office telephoned the next day saying "we have all your papers here and can i have an address for your ex husband" i did not ask at that point i became slightly confused as it sounded as though there is more to be done. i have had no contacted from them now since thursdays telephone call.

Ok. I know it's all a bit upsetting at the moment, but take charge, ring them Monday; you are eligible to claim as a single person so tell them that and ask them to deduct the overpayment in instalments from your single award... Don't let them browbeat you hun

Gbarbm

That's my plan i'll await posty and see if anything comes and then ring, i haven't had a txt from my former partner and i know if he had of received any correspondence he would get in touch with me. I have read some worrying posts on here and wonder what they delve into but to be honest its not something i actually considered i just did things as they needed doing :( i am also wondering if the joint award has been ended 25/12/2011 is this acceptance of me putting a single claim in, why would they have action-ed that on the joint claim? or is it just procedure?

Thanks for your advice

I suppose its just part of the procedures only i feel that they shouldn't leave you with zero payments times are hard enough, wish there was a quicker way of doing all this.

I agree. Years ago we would have done all that straightaway but unfortunately HMRC just seem to be getting more and more bureaucratic.

Gbarbm

Still no word from them im going to ring them tomorrow i have got £47 child benefit tomorrow to last me till the next £47 next tuesday :/ is there anyway i can get a payment from them even if it is just the basic child tax element for shopping?

I would ring and tell them you are in financial hardship as a result of the delay in dealing with your claim. Ask to speak to a HO (higher officer) or SO (senior officer)

My Nan always used to say, the squeakiest cogs get the most oil... So make a noise! :-)

Gbarbm

I will, i shall let you know the out come, i also have a letter here from my rent office stating they are willing to wait for payment but would like to point out that tax credits are there to reduce child poverty and help working parents and this situation is not helping, they said they have lots of tenants coming to them in similar situations regarding tax checks, im surprised or is that im just naive......i can ask m y ex for help but its the principle of it all, i would really just like to be independent