Cancer Act 1939

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3135 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Most citizens of Great Britain are totally unaware of the 1939 Cancer Act which effectively prevents them from finding out about different treatments for cancer. See here

Is the above correct and are we prevented from finding out more? I had never heard of the Act until this morning when it was mentioned to me.

I was diagnosed with cancer two years ago and when I checked for different treatments I never came across this.

The only thing I can say is, the treatments can vary between the hospitals such as chemo, it may be given weekly or fortnightly. I did my own 'research' before my treatment and chose the hospital I felt comfortable with. Best advice I can give to anyone diagnosed is, ask questions and demand honest answers!

I did and my concerns was swept under the carpet so I went to another hospital where they DID understand my worries.

Here's the full Act http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1939/13/pdfs/ukpga_19390013_en.pdf

Looking at the part you referred to i would assume it is designed to protect the vulnerable from quacks and snake-oil merchants.

• Confused 1

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

TOTALLY AGREE ON THE ABOVE

that Act was brought inn before the formation and concept of the NHS by Bevin in 1948

Makes you wonder why it is still in force?

Makes you wonder why it is still in force?

Like a lot of other legislation our flaming governments(plural) are to lazy to do any work to remove them.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Most of this Act has been repealed now, the only parts that still appear to be in force are the sections concerning advertising.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Perhaps they should have an overall Act to encompass other illnesses like arthritis as a lot of false promises made in this area to relieve suffering?