• Tweets

• Theyve left a word out..youll be informed of the court date prob by n157 or just like before
    • I sent the above letter of claims to DPD head office just under 2 weeks ago  The coming Tuesday (28/09/20201) will be the 14th day since it was delivered to them   I haven't received anything back from them, nor do i expect them to reply.   I think next is get a particulars of claim ready so I can submit a claim online for county court action?  
    • Hi Guys, Well it seems they don't want to give up with this one! Twice been set aside, and there is a new application to remove the set aside. Please see the attached document.   I'm a bit confused if this is a hearing that I need to attend as well? As it has put a note there for me on the front page, but I don't know what would be the purpose of me attending?   Do I need to reply to this also? Any help here would be great. Erudi-docs.pdf
    • Good evening,   I don’t normally comment on such matters but I enrolled onto this website because I think this entire thread is a joke and I’m surprised it’s gone on this far.   I am currently looking for a car myself and to see a dealership offer you a full refund for a 2nd hand car you claim is not to the quality you expect (but your happy to keep regardless) is completely acceptable in my eyes. The fact you do not wish to take a full refund but push for funding from a dealership after payment is borderline criminal.    It is a second hand car with reasonable high mileage, good interior and has some unwanted damage to the bonnet. (What did you expect???) You personally claim the car is not to the standard you expected but are UNWILLING to return it as your happy with its current condition but expect further funding for improvements/repair? Which is an inconvenience to you? If it’s an inconvenience take the refund??? im sorry I’m not sure what planet your on but reading through every detail on here you’ve labelled and scorned what appears to be on here a decent car dealership, better than many I’ve come across, they have acted completely fair and acceptable in my eyes, a dealership that has not only offered you a full refund but if you decide to keep the car which you have, the dealership have offered payments towards its repair with extras after the sale is completed. That’s a bloody good deal!!!   But your perception is the car is good enough to keep but not good enough for you to repair yourself? you have an opportunity, a very fair opportunity to have the entire trade reversed and you don’t want to…. but you feel the dealership is responsible to improve its current state, one your currently happy to accept and try enforce improvements through some form of legal obligation.   Julia71, you either want the car or you don’t. Stop flip flopping around pretending your the victim when GEM CARS LTD clearly are still keeping your best interests at heart, very clearly.   I’m surprised this has been entertained for this long.    Don’t be trying to bleed more money from a car dealership when you’ve had the opportunity to hand it back.  Looks more like a scheme to get more money from a car dealership over you actually being unhappy with a trade.   keep it or take a refund. You don’t buy a second hand bike and ask for money off the person you bought it from because the paint works chipped. welcome to planet earth!         
  • Our picks

GOOD (me sometimes) V EVIL (A&L)**WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A journey begins !!!!! ,I have just got my bank statements from the A&L and will be trawling through them later on today (30days to send). I have already had a result from them as they refunded my £10 DPA payment and appologised for the delay, HE HE you would think they were helpfull. I will gratefully donate to the CAG on settlement.............keep up the good work you do. William :)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£5,550 appox is the amount of charges that have been spirited away from me by the A&L .......BLOOMIN ECK. I will now have a further look at all the other info ,threads and take the next step.

You're doing the sensible thing, William, having a good look aroung the site first. This is a very serious thing you are about to undertake, you need to know what you are doing.

Opinion is divided on how to proceed if the amount claimed (minus interest) is more than £5000.

The more cautious among us suggest splitting the claim into two smaller amounts; taking the first charges by order of date upto 5k and claiming these first, then claiming the rest when this has been settled.

The other school of thought is that as the banks are, so far, not contesting the claims you may as well claim it all in one go. You have to be aware though that you would be liable for costs if the case went to court and you lost, (those who advocate this route believe the risk to be minimal however).

If money is an issue, there is also an implication re affordability, it being cheaper initially to instigate a claim for under 5k.

The choice is yours, William.

Whatever you decide, keep us posted. :cool:

:) changed my mind about my claim!!.........I shall split it into two separate claims, 00-03 and 03-06. I still havent got my head around all the ins and out of this process, Ill go back over it again. SORRY if im talking out loud - William :)

• 2 weeks later...
:p Ive split my claim into two to keep it well below £5000 as this will offer protection against legal expenses should I fail. The first is from 22.10.00 TO 09.05.05. The amounts are £2,907.50 in charges and £242.70 overdraught interest charged. I shall photocopy the schedule of charges and send with prelim letter. :) :) :):p .

The second will have to wait until Jan 2007 im afraid............just feeling my way around all the information on here. Started back at work after 5 1/2 months off today. Bodged operation on my elbow:(

The second will have to wait until Jan 2007 im afraid............just feeling my way around all the information on here. Started back at work after 5 1/2 months off today. Bodged operation on my elbow:(

If you are splitting your claim, make sure that one claim is finished before starting the next, or you may find the court combine them anyway.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

By the way, I hope work wasn't too bad after all that time off.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Caro for that advise, I will be ready in Jan or Feb with part two of my claim.............work was fine as I had to be on a course. I have the small concilation that I have 25 days of holiday leave left before new year.:)

I can only think you work for the Civil Service or in Local Government. LOL You don't have to answer that.

• Confused 1

What's Best for You?

:o Standard ........."I have noted your comments ++++++they must stand" letter arrived today,waiting till 14 day deadline passes then LBA is off to A&L (rec del)............................chat in about 14 days. :-)

However frustrating it may get, patience is what is required in this game, bsia666, as you have found out.

It is good that you keep us updated, as it shows other would-be claimers that it is a painstaking process, but done properly it is effective.

Keep with it. :cool:

;-) At last I have got to the post office to send my LBA off (rec del)........................I had a wry smile on my face as I left the Post Office as my local A&L branch is just across the road. So its another 14 days and my next step, Court proceedings , unless the ever so kind A&L would like to settle:eek: :):):):) .Chat in 12 or so days.

Has any one got advise on when to start the 2nd part of my claim?........I have an idea on this.It is to start the 2nd claim in the standard way with PreLim then LBA just now,but wait for the first claim to be settled and when check arrives on doorstep, start court proceedings again for 2nd amount of charges.This would complete the claming back procedure :)

I agree that this may be safest if you want to keep your claim under 5k or A&L may ask the judge to combine the claims.

What's Best for You?

Thanks again for that advise, I shall wait until the 1st part of my claim has run its course and then start the procedure again for the remaining charges.I think I have about 9 days to wait before MCOL...................any body need a plumber? as I shall have to work a bit to pay for it :-) :-) :-)

I have been looking around other banking threads and have a question for all you helpfull people out there. I live in Scotland and my banking address is in Scotland, can I use the money claim online service to claim back charges?............... I am not sure now after looking at a Halifax (I think) bank thread.I have been looking around for months at the various threads and I thought I was sure I could. :confused: ps I am very cheap but not nasty re plumbing LOL