Can you deal a better final full discount with DCA's like Lowell etc?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

there is little evidence that anyone goes to court on a debt whereby the majority of the debt is made of unlawful PENATY charges

through fear of a counter claim.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Treat each one seperately . My reclaim has been put on as a counterclaim from dca taking me to court. Dont give in with the others. Hows the cca stuff? All placed in dispute?

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

• 4 months later...
As you say that your last payment was in 3rd July 2009, then the account would become statute barred on 2nd July 2014, and whatever you decide to do, stop talking to them on the phone, correspond in writing only if you must.

Is the original poster based in Scotland? Surely its six years not five for Statue Barred.

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

Hi there

Yes based in Scotland so our debts become SB after 5 Years, 6 in England (no idea why of course)

Debts are totally extinguished as well, far better situation than England & Wales!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

Just to update this, I've sort have went quiet with the 4 Lowells debts and they keep sending me letters offering discounts etc

A new one for an old debt has popped up from Capquest and like before I sent them a request to prove it with a £1 postal order

They have now sent me a letter enclosing;

1. Reconstruction copy of the credit agreement (which wasn't signed)

2. Terms and conditions

They actually sent 2 copy's one from 04/12/2007 and they newer current one 04/05/2010... why would they do this?

This one was one of the 5 from Shop direct, the final pne that I didn't think would pop up

It's for Marshal Ward and for a total of £1234, so now I have the full 5 shop direct accounts after me

you have a thread for each of these 4 debts with lowells already.

post in the thread dedicated to the marshall ward one.

just clickyour username on the lft.

you need to get all your spreadsheets done for each one

post them in the thread concerned

and recheck if each one shows on your cra file

and post the result in each thread.

we need to deal with your 4 debts one by one

not on the same thread as is here

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just to update this, I've sort have went quiet with the 4 Lowells debts and they keep sending me letters offering discounts etc

A new one for an old debt has popped up from Capquest and like before I sent them a request to prove it with a £1 postal order

They have now sent me a letter enclosing;

1. Reconstruction copy of the credit agreement (which wasn't signed)

2. Terms and conditions

They actually sent 2 copy's one from 04/12/2007 and they newer current one 04/05/2010... why would they do this?

This one was one of the 5 from Shop direct, the final pne that I didn't think would pop up

It's for Marshal Ward and for a total of £1234, so now I have the full 5 shop direct accounts after me

reconstituted agreements do not have to be signed.

2 copies of ts & cs is what is required..

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Ok so as before steps now is the £10 Postal order SAR and ask for all communications

I actually see where I started the other threads for each debt

The Marshall one was wrong and should have been another Oopps

Edited by somethingelseplease
edit

• 3 months later...

Just got this through the door, I will try and find out which account it was for and match it up in the threads I started for each debt

But going out the door and in a rush so posting it here for quick answers if possible

I have sent a £1 postal order again to this company even thought they have already sent me the agreement etc :( do you think stalling them for a bit longer will help?

My last payment of £1 to the debt was a token payment and was made in July 2009 5 years ago so this April will be them all statue barred

I'm thinking they know I think this and are now pushing to get the money

arghhhhh !!! I want to ignore but when they push SD on you it makes you worried

Ok I'm off will be back later, please any help will be great

Edited by somethingelseplease
edit

aha Scotland too eh!

I've have about 7 copies of that letter since 2008 across 5 accounts

with a neighbour

nothing ever usually comes of it

just another threat-o-gram

dx

and they

Ok thanks Dx

Does make you think though but thankfully this site puts my head at rest...until the next time :)

I did do a few searches about the company and there is quite a few people that have had an SD handed to them at the door

and a few people that have then had to start making payments

It's when I start searching on other sites that's when it starts putting the shivers up you

Hamptons will pass it back over their shoulder to Red on the desk behind who will pass it across the aisle to which ever part of the Lowell group purchasd the debt then they will start all over again!!

Ok thanks Dx

Does make you think though but thankfully this site puts my head at rest...until the next time :)

I did do a few searches about the company and there is quite a few people that have had an SD handed to them at the door

and a few people that have then had to start making payments

It's when I start searching on other sites that's when it starts putting the shivers up you

not is Scotland you wont...

dx

and they

Ok thanks Dx and Brigadier

:)

Helpful advice when it's really needed once again

Always happy to help!!

• 1 month later...

This is the relevant part from the Act as to what constitutes an acknowledgement.

(1)The subsistence of an obligation shall be regarded for the purposes of sections 6 [F17 and 8A] of this Act as having been relevantly acknowledged if, and only if, either of the following conditions is satisfied, namely—

(a)that there has been such performance by or on behalf of the debtor towards implement of the obligation as clearly indicates that the obligation still subsists;

(b)that there has been made by or on behalf of the debtor to the creditor or his agent an unequivocal written admission clearly acknowledging that the obligation still subsists.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1973/52/section/10

Have you got the copies of the letters you sent so that you can check exactly what you said?