Can you deal a better final full discount with DCA's like Lowell etc?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am dealing with lowell also and can tell you that if they sell the partial on then you could have buchanan clark wells or robinsons way pressing for collection.

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

arghhhhhhhh

Just called Lowells again and they say they can't change the letter because it's a standard letter

they have noted my inquiry and passed it onto a manager who will email me another letter out today at end of business

They say they couldn't change the settlement to full and final because it has to be partial as that would be breaking the law

I told them if the letter didn't contain 'they would not sell the remains on to a 3rd party' then I would certainly go for Bankruptcy...

she just said 'well if that's what you want to do then it's your decision'

All they would need to do is show the balance as a discount.

BUT I know that they will stick to their answer.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I don't know why you keep phoning these people...you want to keep all of this stuff in writing only, even if it is by e-mail and make sure you keep copies.

[email protected]

If they do not put a proper agreement in writing before the event then don't pay them.

tbh i dont know why you are even bothering with the debt

there is obv something wrong with it

else they'd never offer a discount

so will never goto court anyhw.

why are you so hell bent on going bk?

and stop ringing these fleecers!!

that call jockey must be laughing at you with his mates

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there is a cca template letter in the green library tab up top here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Me getting in contact with them to agree a payment on the 18th hasn't rocked any boats has it?

I think I read somewhere if you contact them they can start the 6 years on the file again ? or something like that

Oh there was another thing, I did agree to give them my bank account details, long card number, expiry and 3 digit on back (which I never use and only has £5 in it) so the 50% discount would stand in agreement, I know I shouldn't have but I wasn't as wise to their tactics. He did ask yesterday If I could make a token payment of £1 and I said no

I have this morning since cancelled the card and no money will be able to be taken from the card cash account

All letters to DCSs should contain the phrase '' I do not acknowledge any debt to xxxxxxxxxxxx or any company you may claim to represent''.

An acknowledgment of a debt has to be and explicit admission of liability.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

A CCA request or a SAR are lawful requests for information and

are not acknowledgments of liability, but always add that phrase.

I have replied to Michelle from Lowell and this is what I wrote:

Hi Michelle,

I have been instructed by my Solicitor and NationalDebtLine namely to;

I require written confirmation from you in an updated letter for each account that:

1. ALL credit reference agency files are marked ''SETTLED'',

given that this a Full and finallink8.gif settlement, I do not consider

partial settlement a suitable entry.

2. Any remaining balance will not be sold or assigned to ANY 3rd party.

3.The amount offered is confirmed as agreed between us and solely by us

Michelle if I do not receive written confirmation that this will happen when I pay the agreed 50% balance, then I have been instructed to claim for Bankruptcy. This will unfortunately mean you and other companies will be wiped clean and I will owe you nothing.

These debts are being paid by my family on the understanding that this written confirmation will be in their procession before payment is made. If this is unacceptable then the loan will be forfeited and Bankruptcy will be my only option.

I look forward to hearing from you with an updated letter for each of the accounts stated before.

Regards,

Saxo

I just can't get them to do what I want, I suppose I'll send a CCA request and see what happens after that

although I'll still have the hassle of wondering if the door will go or what letters will come through the door

they cant knock your door unless you make an appoinment - use the letter in the library here if they threaten. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

its just threats to scare you into payment if you ask me - Lowell are a joke. example - stat barred debt passed to another DCA - i tell them this and Lowell tell them some utter bollxx that i payed a payment not so long ago so it isnt stat barred. they will say anything it seems to TRY to take your hard earned

• Confused 1

That looks like a threat-o-gram rather than a letter before action.

"we may do this or we may do that etc..."

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Red are part of the Lowell group.

This type of letter is designed to obtain a knee jerk reaction and get people to telephone them.. which you have.. gotcha.. !!

Aside from the fact this type of letter is a breach of the OFT guidelines, you have been advised to stay off the phone to them. You are just stressing yourself out.

Their comment that they cannot change the text of the letter because it is a "template" is disingenous.. They emply humans who can draft a letter, dont they.

All you are asking them for is confirmation that your Full and Final Settlement will be exactly that.. Full and Final. You dont want partial settlement on your records if it is to show a £0 balance.

You want confirmation that they will NOT pass any balance eg, the difference between the outstanding amount and your F&F , to a 3rd party. It is all very well some telephone drone saying we wont do that.. It has been done - CAG is full of threads where this has been done.

So you are excercising your right to have them confirm this in writing.

• Confused 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

similar to my red threat-o-grams saying we "could" do a statatory demand or CCJ. The next will be Hamptons legal (lowell/red/hamptons are same company) with just more threat o grams.

But I did read on here that when a company sends you an SD letter then it shouldn't really be ignored....

I had done a search and looked through mountains of threads when I stumbled on someone saying this.

This was when I panicked and started to worry that something was going to happen

I'm not doing anything now apart from sending off the CAA letter (with £1 postal order) which I copied from here, I'll send it off and see what returns

RED-2.jpg