Can you deal a better final full discount with DCA's like Lowell etc?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Have to agree you need to check these debts are actually enforceable before even considering calling those lowlife soz debt collectors.

When was the last time you acknowledged these debt?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

NEVER EVER offer F&F before reclaiming.

ANY DCA offering a discount knows they can never ever go to court to enforce the debt.

you need to discover why a discount is there

SAR the OC.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The ones starred at the start are the ones that have sent me the latest letters, Cabot was around 4-5 month ago and not heard from them again

The rest haven't been in contact but do you think they will given time? I'm just trying to clear my name and in a few years these will be wiped off my report

If I pay the ones that are hassling just now would my credit rating go up and get better?

Virgin Mobile – Defaulted 14/12/2009 - £117

Virgin Mobile – Defaulted 06/03/2010 - £117

**- Lowell *Kays* Defaulted 08/03/2010 - £1284

**- Lowell *Littlewoods* Defaulted 01/06/2010 - £685

**- Lowell *Additions* Defaulted 06/03/2010 - £747

**- Lowell *Littlewoods Direct* Defaulted 04/01/2010 - £1432

Capquest *Marshall Ward* Defaulted 28/03/2010 - £1234

**- Cabot *Credit Card* Defaulted 31/07/2009 - £632

Edited by somethingelseplease

Virgin Mobile – Defaulted 14/12/2009 - £117

Virgin Mobile – Defaulted 06/03/2010 - £117

is this the same debt? same amount if so will only be one default on your credit file - have you checked with the CRA's? you can use noddle free here to see what defaults are there if you havent already https://www.noddle.co.uk/

The defaults will run for 6 years and paying them off will not make those go away - you need to find out if enforcable. Have you had a "Notice of assigment" from each of the original creditors that the said DCA's will now be collectiing/bought the debts?

Is virgin still chasing you or sent to DCA for collection? IF DCA send "prove it" letter in library

All the catalogue ones are covered by the CCA so look in the library and send CCA request for each debt to Lowell.This will clear up if they are enforcable.

Send CCA request to cabot too for credit card. DO NOT PAY TILL YOU KNOW they are enforcable.

Only contact in WRITING and never sign - just print and send recorded - i would never email them either.

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

How do you mean if their 'Enforceable' ?

Surely I know I'm due them that money, they know as well as I do now :)

The only ones that are chasing are the ones which have a star at the start in that list.

I had one letter which made me sort of panic, it was from RED and a final communication dated 10/04/2012

This was for the Littlewoods £685, it was saying that this company would personally serve me with a Statutory Demand

Would not paying these debts now and even though they stay on my credit file my credit rating not get better?

Surely I can ask and wait till i get the confirmation in writing, I can ask for the debt to be cleared and taken off if the full amount was paid

They have to operate within OFT guidelines so the ones covered under the consumer credit act they have to send you an original copy of the agreements you signed when you request it with the CCA request letter - so go here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter. and get one for each debt i mentioned in my last post sent out for each debt (£1 postal order required for each)

They cant just collect because they just say so - they have to PROVE you are the right person for the debt. If they fail the CCA within 12+2 days then the debt is unenforcable and they cannot collect.

Lowell and Red are same people you might get letters from hamptons legal too (all same company) with different threat-o-grams

I am being chased for a credit card by Lowell - I do not recognise the card number so until they can prove otherwise I wont pay them.

Have you aknowledge these debts to them? Or waiting for THEM to PROVE its your debt...

I know they can prove it because I know these are definitely my debts though

so them proving it is totally guaranteed I think

I have acknowledged 4 of the debts because I know that they are mine and no one elses, Although I do remember not signing anything when they asked to start the account.

I just ordered and kept ordering and made a few payments...then it all went pear shaped with relationship etc

Ok I have printed off the CCA request and will send 4 copies to each of the Lowells accounts with a £1 postal order

Really don't see the point in this as I know they will be able to prove it's mine but hey ho lol

thanks for the help :)

I have had letters from Fredrickson also regarding one of the cat. one

I would for sure. If they cant produce the agreements within the 12+2 days for delivery then the debt isnt enforcable and they cant collect. I have had ones sent back with no terms and conditions on it and also one with no signature on it. So failed my cca request. One i had looked like 2 documents pasted together. Another favourite trick of some dca's is to scan your signature off a letter you sent them to reconstruct a dodgy cca. So do not sign.

Edited by gust

ok well to 'clear' your credit file

[the defaults will still show in the history - even if you pay them off]

i'd get reclaiming on all those cats debts

fire an SAR off to each company

i bet 90% are PENALTY charges

and look out for PPI too.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I've asked for the letter before paying anything

He's sent me one email regarding one account but hard copies should be coming in the post for the 4 in question, no money will be paid until I have proof

This is is the email with all Lowell headers etc;

MR xxxxxxx

Dear Mr Xxxxxx,

Paying off your outstanding balance

We are pleased to confirm the arrangement you have made with us to repay your outstanding balance has now been set up on our system.

Details of the arrangement

You currently owe £685.85

Settlement amount £343.00

Payment date to be on or before 18 August, 2012

Terms of this arrangement

Our arrangement with you to clear this debt means that we must receive your £343.00 as settlement on or before the agreed date of 18 August, 2012. That means the money must have cleared in our account by that date. You should therefore arrange to transfer the money from your account or make payment in advance of that date so it has time to clear.

We’re here to help

Once payment has cleared we will inform the Credit Reference Agencies that your account has been settled (if applicable).

You say the amounts are about right without the charges...what about the interest on those charges?

A DCA offering a discount usually means something is not right, in this case it may well be the charges.

Even of you pay these off then they will still appear on your credit file for the remainder of the six years.

Also the e-mail that you ave posted up makes no mention of them not selling on the remainder of the debt.

I know which way I'd go.....SAR the original card companies and establish exactly what they owe you in respect of the charges and interest.

You may actually owe nothing.

Well, you trust Lowell at your peril.

Your call of course.

It's actually good that you have all of your account statements and know that there are no unlawful charges on there though.

i cannot see the point in paying a debt with a discount

something is wrong else they'd go for the whole cigar.

if it were me i'd pay nothing

lowells are taking you for a mug.

you mit as well burn it tha pay it off.

dx

and they

please read this thread to why i told you to send CCA requests. They have to prove they can legally collect the debt by fulfilling the CCA requests.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?179198-Hfc-tbi

Edited by citizenB