Faulty Mattress - Benson for Beds

sleenaoj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PLEASE, can someone help me make sense of the ‘sale of goods act’. I purchased a ‘Reylon reactafoam mattress’ from Benson for Beds in February 2009, which came with a 6 year guarantee. About 6 months ago I noticed the mattress was beginning to split. As I could’t find my sales documentation at the time I simply moved to the opposite side of the mattress, only for the same problem to develop here too. I rang Benson’s and was told to send pictures of the problem. I was initially advised they would be sending someone to investigate the problem, but a few days later was left a voice message from the same member of customer services advising me she ” had spoken with the manufacturer's and they were aware there was a design flaw with that specific mattress and they would have to replace it for another.” I emailed customer services back asking them, “if they were aware there was a problem with this mattress, why it had not been recalled before now as surely the problem was not only contributed to restless nights due to the discomfort but could also lead to back problems” and was sent a reply suggesting this was the system they had in place and they could only replace each mattress as customers contacted them.

I was then contacted by a store on the outskirts of North London and advised I would have to choose a mattress from their shop (an hour away) as Bensons no longer stocked that range. As I was unwilling to travel, I checked the mattresses available online, within the same price range, only to find they all come with only one year warranty and on checking reviews for each of these found the Internet littered with complaints. Am I entitled to my money back?

Many Thanks

Selena

Yes SOGA or sale of goods act is what you shall need to cite here.

It is clearly 'not fit for purpose' so B4B (who are atrocious) either need to replace the mattress OR give you a refund.

Just google SOGA and you will be able to find the relevant section that you need to cite to them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You must insist that Bensons honour the remainder of the guarantee ie 2 1/2 years as per your original contract. You want this in writing from them and not a 'yea yea' on the phone.