style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if this is on the wrong forum, but haven't got the hang of this yet!

I missed a couple of payments with ISME and my account was passed to debt collectors.

They tried to tell me I owed around £600, but in fact the amount is about half that.

When I told them this, the debt collectors said that they hadn't added any charges themselves and this was the amount ISME said I owed.

(I had spoken to someone at ISME a few days before this and tried to make a payment through them, and she confirmed that my balance was £300).

the debt collectors said they would contact ISME and ask for copies of my statements.

This was around 3 months ago and all I've had is a couple of letters from the debt collectors

telling me that they are still waiting for ISME to provide the statements and in the meantime my account is on hold.

Is there a time limit by which ISME have to provide the statements?

Thanks,

Pam

I have moved your thread to correct forum.

Send them the CCA request. Make sure it includes

(a)the total sum paid under the agreement by the debtor;

(b) the total sum which has become payable under the agreement by the debtor but remains unpaid, and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date when each became due; and

© the total sum which is to become payable under the agreement by the debtor, and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date, or mode of determining the date, when each becomes due.

Jogs

Thanks for the advice. I would still like to know if there is a time limit, can anyone help please? I've tried searching the site and forums but there's so much on here I don't know where to start.

Pam

There is no real time limit for the companies to talk to each other. But you won't pay them until you know what you owe.

Should you send the above letter CCA request, they have 12 + 2 days to reply to you.

If they don't reply within that timeframe, you can put the account into dispute.

Jogs