Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Bank the cheque.  No doubt it will bounce - but you never know. When it bounces - that is when you are meant to access their website link and enter your personal details - but of course - DON'T.
    • Wayne Ting, chief executive of e-scooter firm Lime, says there's room for improvement. View the full article
    • If you are absolutely certain* that you were parked OK, write a letter of complaint to the Headteacher and copy in the Chair of the school governors.   If you or the car were identifiable in any way from the photo (eg visible registration number, driver's face etc) I would very politely write that you resent the untrue suggestion that you had parked/had stopped/were waiting in a way that contravened any traffic regulations, and that you are sure that the school will understand that you would like an apology and a correction to be printed in the next newsletter.  (You can also clearly state that you were identifiable from the photo because other parents have mentioned it to you).   See if that works.   You don't want to go to court for defamation as you'll need access to about £10k in fees before you get out of bed.  You just want an apology and a correction.  If what you've told us is accurate, I don't see any reasonable school failing to say sorry.     *My wife is a former school governor and my experience listening to her is that very very few parents actually understand the meaning of the no stopping/no waiting signs and road markings outside schools.  Don't complain unless you are sure you weren't stopped where you shouldn't have been.
    • And they haven't offered a speed awareness course either?  (Have you done one in the last three years or is this in Scotland?)   And is one of the notices for 34 in a 30?  As Man in the Middle says, that ought to be below the level at which they take action.   (And sorry - I don't want to appear preachy - but...  there don't have to be any warnings or signs or lines on the road to advise you of the presence of speed cameras.  If you get away with an exceptional hardship argument you will need to stick to speed limits in future - whether you know there are cameras there or not.  NB Don't know if this applies to you, but most 30 mph limits are restricted roads with a system of streetlighting and don't even need speed limit signs - you are assumed to know this from the Highway Code).
    • It's up to you if you want to pay £300 you don't owe plus whatever Unicorn Food Tax with no basis in law whatsoever that they will have made up in the Letter Before Claim.   We'd prefer you didn't.   But you have received a LBC so it's make your mind up time.   So please    - post up photos of the signage in the dark that you'll have taken two months ago (post 14)    - post up details of planning permission for their signs you'll have found out after you got onto the council, again two months ago (again post 14)    - also let us know if you agree with Brassnecked's excellent letter or if you'd like to tweak bits depending on what you've found out    - upload the LBC.  Some of them are appallingly drafted and invariably contain Unicorn Food Tax which is all useful extra ammo    - also, where are you living now (post 35) and are you comfortable with legal communications arriving at your parents'?   If you look in our PPC Successes thread at the top of the page, you will see 275 times these cheats have been seen off with their tails between their legs (and all had the same "well known legal companies" (ho! ho!) on hand).  In reality 275 times is a massive underestimate, in all 275 cases there was a "moment of victory" IYSWIM where the PPC were thrashed in court or discontinued a claim or were called off by a supermarket chain, etc., etc.  There will have been at least that number again where they were told to Foxtrot Oscar and then crawled back under their stone.  They are eminently beatable but logically when you're in legal dispute you have to put some graft in to beat the other party.
  • Our picks

Car Insurance - No Fault accident claim advice

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3038 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

2 months ago I bought a 6 month old audi estate for £31,000. I have fully comp insurance, full no claims discount and GAP Insurance.

Last week I was stationary in traffic on a motorway and a lorry hurtled into me at 60mph.

Thank god for German engineering otherwise I would not be here today. Although I now have ongoing neck and back pain

which is being investigated.

However the problem now is my insurers. The car was completely stoved in at the back and back doors would not shut and chassis bent.

The insurers want to repair the car. Their approved bodyshop is so far up to £15,000 worth of repairs which they

say they will do and then run engine and front of car checks which will no doubt entail more expense as the covers popped

off front seats and there is internal damage at front.

They have given me an equivalent courtesy car at a cost to them of £9,000 per month. I have been told that my car will be out for repairs for at least 6-8 weeks. meaning £18,000 in courtesy car charges for them in addition to the £15,000+ car repair costs.


Surely the car should be written off in these circumstances! I have no wish to drive it again once repaired and will put on the market the day it is returned to me. Which leads me to another question. Loss of value. When I come to sell the car can I claim for loss of value.


I might not be posting on right section of the forum so if someone can suggest another place let me know


Thanks for all the advice

Link to post
Share on other sites



Are you using a solicitor to claim for your injuries and uninsured losses?


The hire won't come in to it when deciding if the car is a write off so you will get the car back.


Tell your solicitor that you wish to claim for loss of value and they should arrange for a diminution report on the vehicle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is it wont be costing your insurance co anything as it will be the TP insurers that will be paying in the end.

You realy need a claim solictor to handle your injuries and that could go on for some time.

It also may be worth getting an independant report on the car and the repairs proposed.

Nothing to stop you claiming direct of the TP insurers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who has authorised £9k a month for credit hire ? If this is a non-fault incident, I suggest you speak to the Lorry Insurers as they may be in a position to mitigate the total loss given the ridiculous quote for credit hire. This is one of the reasons that motor insurance costs so much !

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Who has authorised £9k a month for credit hire ? If this is a non-fault incident, I suggest you speak to the Lorry Insurers as they may be in a position to mitigate the total loss given the ridiculous quote for credit hire. This is one of the reasons that motor insurance costs so much !



The OP didn't say it was credit hire. If liability is disputed then the third party's insurer will not provide a hire vehicle. In any event the OP has a prestige vehicle and so will be entitle to a like for like hire car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...