Car Insurance - No Fault accident claim advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 months ago I bought a 6 month old audi estate for £31,000. I have fully comp insurance, full no claims discount and GAP Insurance.

Last week I was stationary in traffic on a motorway and a lorry hurtled into me at 60mph.

Thank god for German engineering otherwise I would not be here today. Although I now have ongoing neck and back pain

which is being investigated.

However the problem now is my insurers. The car was completely stoved in at the back and back doors would not shut and chassis bent.

The insurers want to repair the car. Their approved bodyshop is so far up to £15,000 worth of repairs which they

say they will do and then run engine and front of car checks which will no doubt entail more expense as the covers popped

off front seats and there is internal damage at front.

They have given me an equivalent courtesy car at a cost to them of £9,000 per month. I have been told that my car will be out for repairs for at least 6-8 weeks. meaning £18,000 in courtesy car charges for them in addition to the £15,000+ car repair costs.

Surely the car should be written off in these circumstances! I have no wish to drive it again once repaired and will put on the market the day it is returned to me. Which leads me to another question. Loss of value. When I come to sell the car can I claim for loss of value.

I might not be posting on right section of the forum so if someone can suggest another place let me know

Thanks for all the advice

Hi,

Are you using a solicitor to claim for your injuries and uninsured losses?

The hire won't come in to it when deciding if the car is a write off so you will get the car back.

Tell your solicitor that you wish to claim for loss of value and they should arrange for a diminution report on the vehicle.

The thing is it wont be costing your insurance co anything as it will be the TP insurers that will be paying in the end.

You realy need a claim solictor to handle your injuries and that could go on for some time.

It also may be worth getting an independant report on the car and the repairs proposed.

Nothing to stop you claiming direct of the TP insurers.

Who has authorised £9k a month for credit hire ? If this is a non-fault incident, I suggest you speak to the Lorry Insurers as they may be in a position to mitigate the total loss given the ridiculous quote for credit hire. This is one of the reasons that motor insurance costs so much !

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Who has authorised £9k a month for credit hire ? If this is a non-fault incident, I suggest you speak to the Lorry Insurers as they may be in a position to mitigate the total loss given the ridiculous quote for credit hire. This is one of the reasons that motor insurance costs so much !

The OP didn't say it was credit hire. If liability is disputed then the third party's insurer will not provide a hire vehicle. In any event the OP has a prestige vehicle and so will be entitle to a like for like hire car.