Vehicle Control Services Notice through post

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've received a 'Parking Charge Notice' through the post from VCS for: 'Parking/Waiting on a roadway where stopping is prohibited' at the airport. I did stop for a minute to drop someone off, but on the main road, not in any private car park.

• There were double yellow lines, but can a Private car parking company enforce a fine for this when I didn't stop in their area?

I have read some threads concerning these charges, thanks for those, but just think mine might be a bit different because of the double yellows so thought I'd ask for advice.

The notice does have a photograph of my car, but all it shows is my car, on a road somewhere, and nothing around it.

• If this is all the evidence they have,a photo of my car which could have been taken anywhere, can they proceed anyway?

Thanks in anticipation.

Given VCS's recent experiences at court - especially as Sc unthorpe is relatively close to Donnie - that the chances of them returning any time soon is pretty slim. Ignore them and their letters except - in the extremely unlikely eventuality it happens - that you receive genuine sealed (officially stamped) court papers.

VCS use a white Renault van registration no: F4 NPR which tours round the airport site snapping unsuspecting motorists. It's especially active when a plane is due in and sneaks up behind you, takes your photograph and the first you know is when the speculative invoice arrives through the post. The van has ANPR International on the side and orange lights on the top. It does tour the entire airport site at any time of night or day. I saw it as late as 8:30pm earlier this week. One way to deal with this is to go into the airport car park (free for 10 mins) to drop off or pick up and if you're there too early wait on one of the many available public roads within a stones throw of the airport site, or simply pay the £2.50 charge in the car park. If the word gets out in Donny then the revenue of VCS will tumble. The best place to hurt them is in the pocket. I understand 70% of people just pay up on first letter so whilst it's that lucrative this nonsense will continue.

Best wishes

Greedy airports want local taxis to go in the car park to drop off and pick up, stupid pratts.

They reckon every customer is going to arrive by plane or train dead on time, yeah right!

Greedy B*******, I should have gone ahead with my go slow a few years back at Gatwick...

Greedy airports want local taxis to go in the car park to drop off and pick up, stupid pratts.

They reckon every customer is going to arrive by plane or train dead on time, yeah right!

Greedy B*******, I should have gone ahead with my go slow a few years back at Gatwick...

The money from this doesn't go to the airport it goes to the private parking company concerned.

• 5 months later...

Hello markhilton,

I too received a similar letter a couple of days ago. I had stopped in a layby, for less than a minute, on the approach road to Liverpool John Lennon Airport to read a text message from my son who's flight had been delayed. The PCN alleged that I had "breached the car park terms and conditions of access to the Privately Operated Roads" at the Airport. I contacted Liverpool City Council to establish whether or not the approach road was, in fact, a Private or Public road. The lady I spoke to from the Car Parking department advised me to ignore the PCN and any further correspondence from Vehicle Control Services Ltd., (she said there would be many more letters from them). In her own words, the only people who could issue parking charges were the Police or the Local Authority.

Hope this helps.

I thought gatwick land was on Crawley council but obviously they don`t own the airport, and car parking companies NCP etc pay a revenue to the airport owners, otherwise the airport

would make the millions from the parking themselves.