Urgent Help Needed - Sanctioned for Unknown Reason

RealName
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For more details see this thread. Here's a quick summary:

I've been sanctioned, but the reason on the letter is incredibly vague. It just says that I 'cannot be treated as actively seeking work'. After five attempts at trying to find out the reason I finally got told the content of the sanction doubt that was sent to head office in Newcastle, however this is incredibly vague too. It only says that I haven't 'adhered to my job seeker's agreement'. I arranged a reconsideration meeting at my local branch yesterday through Newcastle, which my local branch pretended didn't exist when I attempted to arrange through them, in order to find out the reason for my sanction. However, they kept me waiting for almost an hour, pretending the advisor was busy with another jobseeker and would be unable to see me. The appointment was booked in advance, so they knew they needed to be available at this time and I happen to know the advisor I was supposed to be seeing and the entire time I was there I did not see her speak to another job seeker.

JCP are clearly refusing to let me know the reason as they know they don't have a leg to stand on and without me knowing the reason for my sanction doubt I'm unable to get either a reconsideration or appeal against it.

Is there another body I can speak to about this in order to get JCP to tell me the reason for my sanction? There's a time limit on the amount of time I have to get a reconsideration and appeal against it, so something needs to be done soon.

For more details see this thread. Here's a quick summary:

I've been sanctioned, but the reason on the letter is incredibly vague. It just says that I 'cannot be treated as actively seeking work'. After five attempts at trying to find out the reason I finally got told the content of the sanction doubt that was sent to head office in Newcastle, however this is incredibly vague too. It only says that I haven't 'adhered to my job seeker's agreement'. I arranged a reconsideration meeting at my local branch yesterday through Newcastle, which my local branch pretended didn't exist when I attempted to arrange through them, in order to find out the reason for my sanction. However, they kept me waiting for almost an hour, pretending the advisor was busy with another jobseeker and would be unable to see me. The appointment was booked in advance, so they knew they needed to be available at this time and I happen to know the advisor I was supposed to be seeing and the entire time I was there I did not see her speak to another job seeker.

JCP are clearly refusing to let me know the reason as they know they don't have a leg to stand on and without me knowing the reason for my sanction doubt I'm unable to get either a reconsideration or appeal against it.

Is there another body I can speak to about this in order to get JCP to tell me the reason for my sanction? There's a time limit on the amount of time I have to get a reconsideration and appeal against it, so something needs to be done soon.

You need to make a complaint in writing to the manager of your local jcp also sending a copy to your local councillor mp and anyone else who will listen. Although jcp are bow a complete and utter law unto themselves as they are all about stopping your benefit now not helping you in anyway shape of form x they frequently sanction my sister in law for reasons that are totally ludicrous x im sure someone with a lot more experience will be along shortly with more precise actions to be sent but make sure you complain long hard and loud x although i dont claim anything when i did approach them for help i foun that jcp gave me completely the wrong information and had i not had a friend who was caught up in a legal battle with them then i am positive i would have fallen foul of their devious ways x

Cabot Financial they came they didn't stay and they left rather quickly

Lloyds Tsb - bye bye

Lowell Financial - bye bye

:whoo::whoo::lol::lol:

You need to make a complaint in writing to the manager of your local jcp also sending a copy to your local councillor mp and anyone else who will listen.

I am in the process of sending a letter of complaints. The only problem is it's getting longer by the day so I haven't had the chance to send it yet. The complaints procedure would also take too long, as by the time I have completed that the time limit I have for a reconsideration and an appeal will have expired.

Have you read through this?

Yes. But without knowing the reason I've been sanctioned I can't appeal against the decision.