Need Help Ebay helping fraudster

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have listed an item on Ebay UK which had been sold I received an e-mail from paypal saying that a differed payment has been made. Few days after, when I logged on my Ebay account the payment was shown as received.

So I sent my laptop by recorded mail on which the buyer received and signed for the following day (have proof of sending, delivery and buyer’s signature). The laptop was new as I nearly haven’t used and bought since only 2 months. On 24th July I received an e-mail from paypal saying that the payment has been cancelled on 20th July.

I tried to contact the buyer and contacted Ebay as well. I had no return from the buyer. So I opened a case for non paid item which Ebay closed confirming a second time that the item has been paid for and the payment received as shown on my Ebay account. It is a huge mistake from Ebay on which this buyer relies as I am not the first person he does it to. I tried to contact the buyer again telling him that I will complain to police and only then he replied sending very odd messages.

I would like to make a complaint against this buyer for making a false payment and still holding the laptop and also against Ebay who is responsible for misleading me by putting on my account that the payment has been made and received twice, abusively closing the non paid item case I opened and not dealing with this malicious buyer helping him [causing problems].

The buyer claims the account isn't theirs, as the account holder has died, he is cleaming as well that the address is an homeless shelter, he is cleaming beeing a solicitor.

I still spoke yesterday to ebay who is still confiming that the payment has been made and I hold all proof through paypal and bank account

Ebay protect fraudster people because this buyer has very bad feedbacks but ebay don't let the sellet to report him and when you open a case for non payment you can't leave a bad feedback so people write a bad feedbacks on positif way who gives to this buyer 100 % good :jaw:

My account on ebay is 10samisam

Looking at the buyers f/b he has quite a few negatives which as you say appear as positives due to ebays very unfair policy of not letting sellers leave neg f/b, contact PayPal and ask them to check his f/b by actually reading it, we were recently conned out of £44 by a seller in Chile and got no joy out of ebay at all despite the fact we have been buying and selling since 1999, we no longer sell on ebay, I think in your case they should be looking a bit more closely at this person who probably has multiple id's also.

hi

I have talked so many times to ebay without any solution. I told them that they are protecting buyer letting her freely lying about her id [causing problems] many sellers without ever being suspended. I find it very suspect and wonder whether she has anyconnection within ebay.

I complained to police and reported her to action fraud and still waiting for what's next. Nobody is taking their job seriously or doing anything. So fraudsters and cons easily do whatever they want. I am thinking of taking my good back by myself.

It's really sad that after years on ebay and paying with paypal i now discover that when a problem arrises that NIETHER are concerned in any way.

I've sold an item to someone in Italy from UK and get paid etc. Then item is declared faulty by seller, who raises a dispute via PayPal who freeze the money received by me. They suggest I sort it out, which I do and give a partial refund - actually all except for postage costs, until I know it is faulty. - So PayPal now close the case, but hang on they haven't returned the item yet! Too bad says paypal, the case is closed. Tough luck says Ebay it was done through PayPal and we cannot talk to them about your case.

So my little Italian thief gets a refund and keeps the goods and I can't even leave negative feedback. They did suggest I go to my local citizens advice centre though.