Unjustified Threats from TIL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i am new here but already reading everyones advice has helped me out loads with different issues over the past few months.

This is one that i feel i am stuck with, and i need your help to figure out how to stop this, or at least stop it going the distance. at this point, as much as it pains me to say they have worn me down and i would ok with paying a fine if it meant it keeps my record clean (i teach kids sports after school and having a clean record is important to me)

I'm being bullied by TIL (same as other people) except that this is only occuring because the station i boarded the train on (cross gates) ticket office closes at 2pm and the train was packed as it was a delayed service

so when i got off at wakefield westgate i approached a person in a high vis jacket to ask where to buy a ticket (as i needed the return to leeds later) who turned out to be a RPO! he stopped me from buying a ticket by starting these procedings.

he told me i would recieve a letter asking me to pay the ticket in 14 days and i left the station, angry but appeased at the same time

all of the finer points of the story is contained in the scans of the correspondance between TIL myself and the other person i was travelling with,

I need to know am I on the right course? do i need to change tact? is there anywhere else i could go to get this sorted? how far can i take this without risking court/criminal sentence?

if you have any questions about my side of things then i will be checking back regularly to keep you informed.

4 Our Letter 2.pdf

Thanks in advance guys

4 (1) Correspondance.pdf

1 Correspondance.pdf

2 Correspondance.pdf

3 Our Letter.pdf

Edited by funnyname
adding info that may help

You don't need 10 posts

Use this method

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

When you re-size these scans, I think it's also worth making sure that you remove any reference codes or numbers and remove any individual names of the person sending any letters from the rail company etc.

That's not for any reason other than to say that things posted on public forums often get misused and there is no point in other users quoting the names they have picked up from other peoples threads, or writing to any particular individual, if that isn't the person or TOC involved in their own case.

People have previously pointed out the importance of making sure that all names, signatures etc are removed from all letters that are scanned and posted on these threads and having looked at your Pdfs it is clear that for industry insiders, you and others could easily be identified from information that you have not removed from these images.

Actual case reference numbers, access codes and personal signatures all remain visible in these letters. This could lead to misuse and theft of identity by other viewers.

It is useful to see exactly what is being alleged when users ask for help, but I have reported my concerns to the site team in relation to this post.

Bottom line is this:

If there was a facility to pay before boarding, for example, a ticket office, man in a box, automatic machine, permit to travel machine or similar, you absolutely MUST, regardless of anything else, buy your ticket PRIOR to boarding a train. If you don't you commit a criminal offence, to which you can be summonsed to Magistrates' Court charged with an offence relating to Railway Byelaw 18. There are only 3 valid defences to this:

1) No facilities existed to purchase a ticket, or obtain a permit to travel;

2) There was a notice at your origin station saying you did not need to buy before boarding;

3) A member of staff told you that you didn't need to buy before boarding.

If you have one of the above defences, you plead not guilty and state your case. If you don't have one of the above defences, you plead guilty and provide mitigating factors.

(If, however, a member of staff had to stop you as you were trying to leave, rather than you finding them or a ticket office, or if you gave them incorrect information, then this is a much more serious situation and the above won't necessarily apply, even if no facilities existed at your origin station).

If you are 100% sure you are not guilty, then ignore TIL, wait for them to issue a summons, and then tick not guilty on the court forms.