Parking Eye - Query likelihood of Clamping after non payment of parking notice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I didn’t post my situation here but did follow the advice and ignored a Parking Eye notice; I received the expected two letters and since have heard nothing.

So firstly thanks to CAG

My Query

The next time I was back at the services, I checked the signage and it warns that non-payment may result in your car being clamped at that service station or other Parking Eye managed service stations.

How likely is that?

Secondly I yesterday found that my local ASDA is managed by Parking Eye so became even so worried that clampers might turn up there?

Any experience of this?

Thanks in advance

Aud

....and clamping by private parking companies becomes illegal in two months!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

....and clamping by private parking companies becomes illegal in two months!

:whoo:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The likelihood is probably very small, but there is a difference between saying they should not clamp and they cannot clamp.

If I were you, I would avoid breaching the terms in their car parks where possible, just in case you draw attention to your car.

Their original claim would be against the driver, and not the owner/reg keeper - how would they know the second time, that it was parked there by the same driver?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Their original claim would be against the driver, and not the owner/reg keeper - how would they know the second time, that it was parked there by the same driver?

Sam

Do you really think that small detail would deter them from trying it on ?

@Sidewinder – fantastic news

@Jamberson – agree totally, I generally do – the first ticket was a stupid oversight on my part, as they usually are I imagine.

@sameeagle – hmm good point, although invariably both are usually me in this case, interesting to see if it would slow them up though!!

Thanks again for all the fantastic advice, much appreciated

Aud

I find this threat quite remarkable, it is a private limited company saying that if you choose to dispute or ignore one of their invoices they will imobilise your vehicle at will. I fully accept that this will most certainly never happen and of course clamping by private companies will be outlawed in England within the next few months as it has been in Scotland since the early 1990's. Nevertheless , it makes you wonder about the lengths these companies will go to in order to try and justify their questionable existance. What surprises me more is major companies such as Asda allowing this type of signage as it may well impact on their core business.

IWhat surprises me more is major companies such as Asda allowing this type of signage as it may well impact on their core business.

Which is why complaints should be made to the large corporations too, highlighting the error of their ways and spelling it out to them what is and isn't acceptable.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Which is why complaints should be made to the large corporations too, highlighting the error of their ways and spelling it out to them what is and isn't acceptable.

Ok how about this.

Your name

Address

Head of Customer Service

Facility Address

Date

Dear Sir / Madam

(Complaint regarding your parking agents Parking Eye)

I write to express my concerns about the possible implications of shopping at your facility as I understand that your car park is managed by the above mentioned company.

To outline my position, I am currently in dispute with Parking Eye regarding a an invoice previously issued by this particular Private Parking Company and fully intend to vigorously defend any future action that they may decide to instigate. However it has come to my attention that this company has posted signage at selected sites suggesting that non –payment may lead to vehicles being clamped at other facilities where Parking Eye provide car park management.

In my personal view, this type of threat from an unregulated commercial company operating on private land is completely intolerable as it is my understanding that every individual has a Statutory Right to defend such claims. Therefore to avoid any inconvenience should Parking Eye carry out the threat of clamping, I will no longer use any facilities for shopping or otherwise in areas where this company has a parking management role.

I may consider reviewing this stance when the long overdue ban on private companies clamping becomes law in October.

I hope this information is of assistance and I would welcome any comments you may wish to make.

Yours faithfully

Great letter Crodoc

Just for clarification though - it was the Parking Eye sign at the Services (Birchanger) that mentioned non-payment may result in your car being clamped at that service station or other Parking Eye managed service stations, so bizarrely referring only to service stations.

The Asda Parking Eye sign in Cambridge didn't mention clamping at all.

Aud

But in the meantime Aldi might not be very happy to learn people are not shopping with them because their Car Park attentant company is frightening Drivers away who got a 'ticket' from them when shopping at a rival shopping site.

• 1 month later...

Clamping is slightly different as you normally have to deal with someone directly to get it taken off. It is sometimes a rather imposing figure that turns up to take it off. Past experience. The likely-hood of this happening I would imagine would be very low indeed. Love the letter Crodoc!

But in the meantime Aldi might not be very happy to learn people are not shopping with them because their Car Park attentant company is frightening Drivers away who got a 'ticket' from them when shopping at a rival shopping site.

Far more effective is to load up the shopping trolley including a lot of frozen food and then rush out shortly after they have started passing it through the checkout - apologise profusely and say you want to avoid a ticket/clamping.

Once a few people have done that they may start to get the hint.