BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2714 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok. So MH own the debt now.

Are NDR claiming ownership or are they acting on behalf of MH? If they are acting on behalf, tell them to go jump off a cliff. They have absolutely NO legal rights at all to the debt, and you have no obligation or reason to deal with a third party in relation to your debt. The ONLY company you should be contacting and dealing with is MH themselves.

If speedcredit are still harassing you, then get official complaints in. They cannot chase you now, as MH say they own the debt. I would be tempted to request a NoA (Notice of assignment) from MH to check if they do indeed own the debt or if they are lying.

Regardless though, more than 1 company chasing the debt on behalf of the creditor is a big violation of OFT guidelines on debt collection, and a breach of their credit licence terms.

Before i write the letter, you need to find out who actually owns the debt by emailing or writing to them and demanding a NoA.

Until you get that info, consider MH to own it, as they say they now do. Anyone else can be told to tie concrete blocks to their boots and jump off a bridge.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ok this is what i got from MH this morning at 11:

We are writing to give you formal notice that Speed Credit - Speed Credit Loan** has legally assigned the rights of the above debt to Marshall Hoares Bailiffs. This means that Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited now legally own this debt.

YOU WILL HAVE OR WILL SHORTLY RECEIVE A HOME VISIT

We intend to pursue you fully for all outstanding sums (GBP 968) including any fees we incur collecting this debt. Payment in full must be received no later than 17:00 to avoid further door collection fees being added to your file. DO NOT IGNORE OR THIS WILL COST YOU MORE

Debt GBP 632

GBP 48

GBP 48

GBP 48

GBP 48

GBP 48

GBP 48

GBP 48

Repayments todate GBP 0

Total GBP 968

TAKE NOTICE: You should accept this letter as formal notification that unless payment is received within 4 days then your account will be fast-tracked and considered for the following:

Consequences of inaction:

1. Court Judgement legal action will be automatically started in the County Court for recovery of the full amount outstanding. Any such proceedings will include additional claims for legal costs and interest which will increase the amount you will be required to pay.

2. Warrant of execution will be applied for to enable us to seize goods at your addresses and or an attachment of your earnings.

3. Register of Judgements any judgement will be entered in a public register, the Register of Judgements, Orders and Fines Credit Reference Agencies, who will supply them to credit grantors and others seeking information on you financial reputation. This will make it very difficult for you to get credit.

4. Credit reference Speed Credit have already advised the Credit Reference Agencies of your DEFAULT. This may seriously affect your ability to obtain credit in the future. Once the balance is paid in full, only then will the default be shown as “Default Satisfied”.

To AVOID A HOME VISIT or further action you should PAY IMMEDIATELY

and then 15 mins later from NDR:

This is a reminder that you committed to pay back your Speed Credit Loan** debt.

This debt is now very overdue. We have allowed you to extend the loan as a goodwill gesture.

As part of settling this debt you are committed to paying GBP 384 by 13.09.2012.

In accordance wih the Standard Terms and Conditions you agreed to, we will be automatically taking payment tomorrow as agreed. Please ensure the amount of GBP 384 is available by midnight tonight.

If there are insufficient funds in the account the payment might fail and all charges will IMMEDIATELY become due, ALL back dated interest, penalty fees will be charged.

Recovery Agents will be sent to all addresses we have on file for you in order to obtain payment. Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be liaisin g with solicitors who will obtain a County Court Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court Bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.

IT IS ESSENTIAL you HONOUR this agreement

If you have any questions regarding this, or willbe unable to pay contact customer services NOW.

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

and then 3 minutes later:

This is a reminder that you committed to pay back your Speed Credit Loan** debt.

This debt is now very overdue. We have allowed you to extend the loan as a goodwill gesture.

As part of settling this debt you are committed to paying GBP 384 by 13.09.2012.

In accordance wih the Standard Terms and Conditions you agreed to, we will be automatically taking payment tomorrow as agreed. Please ensure the amount of GBP 384 is available by midnight tonight.

If there are insufficient funds in the account the payment might fail and all charges will IMMEDIATELY become due, ALL back dated interest, penalty fees will be charged.

Recovery Agents will be sent to all addresses we have on file for you in order to obtain payment. Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be liaisin g with solicitors who will obtain a County Court Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court Bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.

IT IS ESSENTIAL you HONOUR this agreement

If you have any questions regarding this, or willbe unable to pay contact customer services NOW.

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

oops i posted the same one from NDR twice but basically the 2nd email said the same thing but with the amount of 432

Ok. Normal letter they send out that breaches OFT guidance, their credit licence and also misrepresents themselves as Bailiffs when they are simply a DCA.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

so can anyone help with what i should put in a letter? sorry to ask again but I honestly don't know what to do seen as they won't let me have a repayment plan and I can't just ignore it :/

They are pretty much doing whatever they want now, as they know theyve lost their credit licence. They seem to think that there wont be any repercussions if they bully, threaten and harass.