Help with Speedcredit monsters?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its not just us jamie. As ive said before . There are dmps that have no stopped authorising payments to them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the email address you are using [email protected]? And can I use this if Im getting emails from Marshall Hoares?

Yeah I've used that one and the message gets passed on they are all in the same building.

I haven't been contacted by them in quite a few days now they must be keeping a low profile during the appeal period

Well i'm getting the lovely threatening emails from them on a daily basis now. The last one was titled "Notice of home visit - Details of attendance" I know everyone says they're con artists but it's still stressing me out! I don't want anyone turning up at my house

Well i'm getting the lovely threatening emails from them on a daily basis now. The last one was titled "Notice of home visit - Details of attendance" I know everyone says they're con artists but it's still stressing me out! I don't want anyone turning up at my house

Send the revoke permission of home visit letter again, I was worried when they first started contacting me but I've lost all fear its all hot air they are saying, and they are winning because you are worried, just try to relax nothing will come of what they are threatening

If ANYONE turns up, simply tell them to get lost. If they dont go, call the local police and theyll soon run off.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members have a good read of it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Ok thank you! I'm just confused as to how people have been receiving replies from them through email because i've tried several times and never get anything back :-/

Everyone just seems to get automated email responses, so your not alone there, just carry on doing as you are making token payments, our doing everything you can do.

I'm not making any payments at all at the moment. I have made a claim for benefits so just trying to get all that sorted, until then I have no money coming in whatsoever. Baffles me how people can sit in an office and receive so many letters/emails from people and they just sit back and ignore them. Crazy!

They're called "legal loan sharks" for a reason. They dont care about the debtor. All they care about is getting the excessively inflated debt paid back by any means necessary.

Everyone just seems to get automated email responses, so your not alone there, just carry on doing as you are making token payments, our doing everything you can do.

Is it [email protected] or.co.uk? I have emailed both, had no response but with .com i get an email from postmaster saying it has failed to be delivered?

Just so you know speedcredit had their license revoked. They are in the last 21 days of appealing to get it back.

They can but be prepared for them to do anything and everything to collect. Including selling the debt.

• 2 weeks later...

got a weird reply from speedcredit:

I am sorry to hear that you have a complaint about the service you have received. The company attempts to treat its customers fairly in all circumstances and I apologise if you believe the service you have received falls short of your expectations in any way. I have been asked to respond to your complaint.

In the first instance, please accept this email as acknowledgment of your complaint. I have attempted to contact you by telephone to discuss the matter and it is important that we speak. Hopefully we will be able to resolve the complaint within 8 weeks.

If after 8 weeks you remain unhappy you will receive a Final Written Response setting out the company’s position. If you are unhappy with the Final Written Response and wish to appeal further you have the right to make a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must make sure you do this within six months of receiving the Final Written Response or you may lose your right to ask the Ombudsman to review your complaint.

The contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are as follows:

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

I hope that you find the information contained herein to be helpful and that we will be able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.

I notice that you have said that you cannot afford to pay £550 and that you believe that your debt is equal to £348 instead. I attach a schedule of account showing all interest and charges to date. As you can see, your account currently stands at £979.00. The debt had been frozen on the basis that you were beginning payments, to date, no payment has been made by you and so the full amount is payable.

I am, however, prepared to accept payment of £50 per month and to return to the total settlement figure of £550 as previously agreed by you. As long as payments are made in accordance with the plan we will freeze further interest and charges on your account. Payment would need to begin no later than 15th September 2012. This would be in full and final settlement of all matters relating to this loan including any complaint you feel you might have.

If you are happy to accept this offer, please contact me on 020 3476 0520 so that we can finalise this matter and input the terms of the agreement into the system.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Yours sincerely,

Joseph Green

Senior Case Representative

Northern Debt Recovery

please help me, i cannot under any circumstances have doorstep collecters round to my house, and they just completely ignore my refusal to pay 550. i only took out a 200 pound loan and the highest i will pay back is 348 because that is the loan plus 3 months interest. what can I reply to this long winded crap? its bad enough they wouldnt accept 1 pound a month because im on benefits, so they should be bloody happy im offering 50 a month!

anyone know whats going on with them and their license? and can anyone give me some advice on what to reply, it would be greatly appreciated x

They think you do t know your rights and will be a push over. If anyone comes to your house, tell them to sod off or youll call the local police and have them removed by force.

i've explained to them several times that I know my rights about the doorstep collector situation and they still bombard me with threats of MH bailiffs. I can't have anyone round because I can't have my parents find out at all costs!

Thats what they do and thats why you need to report them. They break guidance and lie in every email.

I have received an email from MH saying I need to fax over some documents to prove I'm on benefits. I still get all the crap from speedcredit and NDR threatening to call round but they're just going round and round in circles now so i'm not bothered by it! Starting to learn it's all empty threats!

You dont need to fax anything. The only thing you could five them is a letter from your benefits advisor that simply confirms that you are within receipt of benefits.

• 2 weeks later...

I've told them Im on benefits and offered them a repayment plan of 50 pounds a month adding to the total of the loan amount plus 3 months interest (which is 348 i believe). i said i refused to pay any other charges. Then they refused so i offered only 30 pound a month. this is what "joseph green" sent to me most recently

"Thank you for your email.

You signed a legally binding contract whereby you received a loan in exchange for promising repayment in a specific period of time at a specific interest rate. The company fulfilled its part of the contract. The interest and charges which have been added on to your account were a direct consequence of your default.

On 1st June 2012, you had a conversation with an agent in which you committed to a repayment plan. You defaulted on that agreement. Further, on 1st July 2012 you made another commitment to a repayment plan in the sum of £50 per month for a total of £550.00. You defaulted on that agreement. As you can see from the Statement of Account attached, the actual sum owed is £979.00. If you do not enter into a repayment plan and honour the payments you will, as with any other loan, incur interest on your account.

I understand that being in debt can be stressful which is why my offer as set out below is still capable of acceptance despite the fact that a further two months have passed without payment from you. I would be grateful if you would provide me with evidence of your financial situation such as your p45, bank statements showing your circumstances and evidence of your being on benefits as you have previously stated.

Upon receipt of the above, we can discuss tailoring a suitable payment plan based on your situation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Joseph Green"

and I replied with this:

"I have attached my bank statement showing that I receive benefits. Just to correct few errors you made in this rather patronizing paragraph:

"On 1st June 2012, you had a conversation with an agent in which you committed to a repayment plan. You defaulted on that agreement. Further, on 1st July 2012 you made another commitment to a repayment plan in the sum of £50 per month for a total of £550.00. You defaulted on that agreement. As you can see from the Statement of Account attached, the actual sum owed is £979.00. If you do not enter into a repayment plan and honour the payments you will, as with any other loan, incur interest on your account."

Actually, your company used illegal scare tactics to scare me into agreeing to a payment plan i couldn't afford, and on the phone your staff twisted my mind to make me think you were doing me a favour by making me pay an extra 200 pounds just to have my account frozen and to have a repayment plan that I couldn't even afford in my circumstances. loan compnies should give affordable repayment plans without charge. However luckily thanks to a lot of research and help from others , I know my rights now, and I know that i should not pay you an extra 200 pounds just to have a repayment plan. I also now know that all of your emails and the way you treat your customers are constant breaches of OFT guidelines. I've recieved bout 5 harassing emails from speedcredit today, one telling me I can pay the 348 but it must be paid by midnight today or i face loads of charges. This is clear unorganized, stupidity on speedcredit's behalf. I think even an idiot would know it is impossible for me to get 348 TODAY.

I could go on and on listing what is wrong about how your company has treated me, but please do not talk to me as if speedcredit were decent to me and I kept defaulting- because they were not. by using scare tactics and putting me into "repayment plans" (whatever you want to call it. i don't call paying an extra 200 pounds a repayment plan) i clearly couldn't afford, this is not offering me a solution or being understanding towards my circumstances.

I am tired of arguing with your company, all I would like is a simple, affordable repayment plan, of £30 a month at the very most, of the full balance of 348. if we cannot come to agreement on this, i will have to take it to the OFT etc. "

and since then i havent heard a word from him, but ive received so many random emails from NDR, toothfairy, MH, one letter said my debt is now owned by marshall hoares with the usual threat of bailiffs, but the very same day i got an email from tooth fairy saying i was commited to a 'repayment plan' of giving them 448 by midnight TONIGHT and another one from NDR saying i am commited to a repayment plan of 380 by midnight tonight! each different company is sending me random emails lying and saying i have agreed to things i havent and giving such short notice, and all ive asked for is a repayment plan of 30 quid a month, when im on benefits. is that too much to ask. and why do they think its ok to send me emails from NDR, MH AND Toothfairy? and they keep calling me off unknown numbers. Aren't they being shut down?

help would be greatly appreciated because im exhausted with their stupid company.x

I would place it in dispute. Theyve admitted in the letter that they have complete disregard for your situation and for their credit licence.

If you want, i can write up a letter for you. let me know if you want it by PM or posted on here.

Also, which company is currently chasing you, because as far as we know, speedcredit no longer hold a credit licence, although their sister companies do.

Edit. Just saw that Marshall Hoares say they own the debt now, is that who sent you this letter?

No Joseph Green from NDR sent me that letter. And a letter would be great thanks very much :) you can post it on here or pm I don't mind.All 3 are chasing me up and each of them have harrassed me today: NDR, Toothfairy and MH bailiffs. but no email that doesnt look like it isnt written by a computer since joseph greens email from ndr about a week ago.