Harrassed by Work 'Provider'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, it's the tossers at Reede In [edit] Partnership.

Signed off earlier this year, and I've got a real little harpy who keeps calling me demanding the name of my current employer, she just tried to bribe me with vouchers if I coughed up the name, obviously they'll take it and get their £400 bonus from the government for nothing, as the job is a referral from an ex-colleague.

I'm sure I'm not the only one they have tried this with, and frankly as they get £400 every time I get a new job, it wouldn't surprise me if they have secret call-centre somewhere where they call current employers HR departments and cast doubts anonymously, in the hope I'll be sacked and back with them.

Now, I've emailed the "Independent Case Examiner", and their stuffed skirt emailed back saying she was unable to progress as "This office cannot look into complaints about legislation, policy or complaints which do not fall under the sphere of maladministration". In other words, they are just not bothered. I was advised to take the case to the Chief Ops Officer for the JC. However, I have no faith at this point that that will go anywhere.

Yes, I'm aware that my case is with them for a few years, but this is [a problem], other government departments have entire helpdesks for whistleblowers to call, and this [behaviour] needs to be stopped.

Edited by antone
Removed problematic language

They won't try to get you fired as the longer you remain in employment and off their provision the larger the bonus they receive.

Although you are "contracted" to the provider for a 2 year period you are under no obligation to speak to them if you are no longer claimin benefits (JSA/ESA). It is your phone and you have the choice if you answer it or not.

Send them the withdrawal of data protection waiver letter. No point them in them calling you, when they know they cannot legally contact your employer as you have withdrawn permission to do so. You could also tell them you are recording their calls ;)

If you feel able to do so, tell your employer that you withdraw permission for them to speak to Reed too, and tell Reed this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Send them the withdrawal of data protection waiver letter. No point them in them calling you, when they know they cannot legally contact your employer as you have withdrawn permission to do so. You could also tell them you are recording their calls ;)

If you feel able to do so, tell your employer that you withdraw permission for them to speak to Reed too, and tell Reed this.

Will do on both counts. Where can I get a copy of this Waiver letter?

Flumps - I really wouldn't put it past them to have such a department, these people are a few notches below pond ****, trust me. I doubt they make as much from retaining people in existing jobs for 2-3 years as they would be getting them 2-3 in that same period of time.

On top of that, now I've heard talk of these companies calling jobhunters at 8am, and if they don't pick up in 3 rings, their benefits are stopped - WTF ??? I'm just severely pi55ed off that such harrassment of honest, decent peeps just looking for work is allowed to go on.

Will do on both counts. Where can I get a copy of this Waiver letter?

Flumps - I really wouldn't put it past them to have such a department, these people are a few notches below pond ****, trust me. I doubt they make as much from retaining people in existing jobs for 2-3 years as they would be getting them 2-3 in that same period of time.

On top of that, now I've heard talk of these companies calling jobhunters at 8am, and if they don't pick up in 3 rings, their benefits are stopped - WTF ??? I'm just severely pi55ed off that such harrassment of honest, decent peeps just looking for work is allowed to go on.

A template letter you can amend to suit is at

http://www.consent.me.uk/workfareconsent/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Signed off earlier this year, and I've got a real little harpy who keeps calling me demanding the name of my current employer

What you do is simple, buy yourself an Air Horn, the next time she phones give her a blast down the mouthpiece, when her supervisor calls demanding to know why you have burst her little darlings ear drum, simply state that you do this to all nuisance callers.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

What you do is simple, buy yourself an Air Horn, the next time she phones give her a blast down the mouthpiece, when her supervisor calls demanding to know why you have burst her little darlings ear drum, simply state that you do this to all nuisance callers.

With what I've earned this year, plus all the other timewaster calls from recruitment CONsultants, that might be a damn good idea!!