Gmac / Paratus Mortgage Fees and Charges,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everone,

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated so, thankyou in advance. Here goes....

I have had a mortgage with Gmac since Dec 2005, and since last year it has being operated by Paratus.

I re-mortgaged with them from the Halifax because my options were limited.

I have incurred heaps of £50 arrears charges, One Councellor visit, another one due shortly hence me posting this thread, and god knows what other charges, and now my balance on an interest only is £ 4000 more than when I took it out. My arrears are £ 714 and my credit file says 2 payments late.

I have read somewhere on these threads that you can claim these charges back. Are there any other charges / fees eligible to be reclaimed when I re-mortgaged from Halifax? If so, what might they be and who do I approach for them?

I was told by Halifax I had a shortfall on my mortgage just prior to me paying them off. Also had a big loan with ppi which was supposed to run with the life of the mortgage, but paid that off early too. Any ideas as to finding out if they charged me unfairly?

I have sent a SAR to Halifax and they have cashed the cheque. Still waiting on that although its only been just shy of two weeks.

Do I send one to Gmac and / or Paratus while still being in arrears? Or do I clear the arrears and then SAR them??

I don't want to be in the position where Gmac/Paratus pulls the plug and repossess. Can they do that?

Your advice is really appreciated.

Vazunna

Mortgage charges in excess of administrative expenses are unlawful. Also, the cpost of counsellor visits in excess of actual cost are unlawful.

Furthermore, you are under no obligation to agree to counselor visits. If you do then they must be made by appointment.

Follow the links to read about mortgage arrears charges and MCOBS

Hi Bankfodder,

As I am new to this great site, have I posted this thread in the correct forum? I would like the maximum feedback.

Would it be better for a Moderator like yourself to move it to an appropriate one?

Thanks again,

Vazunna