style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

October 2011 my washing machine broke down & at the time, I didn't have the funds to buy a new one. So I got one through Brighthouse.

I was led to believe that I would be getting a brand new machine.

When the machine arrived it was obviously a reconditioned one which I wasn't happy about.

At the time I did question it but found staff very unhelpful who told me it was a top spec machine.

It came with no instgructions & when I asked them for some, I was told "google" it & print them off! Which I did as I needed to.

Approx a month ago the machine broke down & I called the shop who arranged for an engineer to come out who did absolutely nothing

as I had managed to get the machine working.

However it broke down 2 weeks ago & I have been contacting the shop requesting they send someone out, however this has not happened.

When I last spoke to someone at the shop, I was told to google the problem/fault & it would tell me what to do.

I was disgusted but did just that as the machine was full of water.

I had to open a filter on the front of the Hotpoint Aqualtis, which I did which flooded my whole kitchen floor.

This got the machine working but it had damaged the clothes that had been stuck in the machine.

I rang head office on Friday (27th July) & the person I spoke to advised that it wasn't acceptable & that he would contact the store.

He advised he would get them to replace the machine with a brand new one as should have been delivered back in Oct 2011.

He also said the store would contact me by 5pm that day. They didn't & I have had no call with a ressolution.

I have heard nothing from them.

I went into the store yesterday (Mon 30th July) morning just after opening so it would be quiet.

I requested to speak with the manager & the chap on the counter called through to ask him to speak to me.

I heard the conversation, the manager asking what I wanted & that he was busy. refusing to speak with me.

He sent another member of staff out to speak to me who said the manager would contact me.

I asked for a call by the close of business & surprise, surprise he did not call.

So I am still without a washing machine, its damaged clothes, flooded my kitchen which took days to dry out

& I am still none the wiser as to what "Brighthouse" in tend on doing about it.

They are quick to call me for their weekly payment but not quick to sort their machine out.

I took out optional service cover & damage liability cover, so I wouldn't have to go through all this.

Any suggestions or help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi everyone.

October 2011 my washing machine broke down & at the time, I didn't have the funds to buy a new one. So I got one through Brighthouse.

I was led to believe that I would be getting a brand new machine.

When the machine arrived it was obviously a reconditioned one which I wasn't happy about.

At the time I did question it but found staff very unhelpful who told me it was a top spec machine.

It came with no instgructions & when I asked them for some, I was told "google" it & print them off! Which I did as I needed to.

Approx a month ago the machine broke down & I called the shop who arranged for an engineer to come out who did absolutely nothing

as I had managed to get the machine working.

However it broke down 2 weeks ago & I have been contacting the shop requesting they send someone out, however this has not happened.

When I last spoke to someone at the shop, I was told to google the problem/fault & it would tell me what to do.

I was disgusted but did just that as the machine was full of water.

I had to open a filter on the front of the Hotpoint Aqualtis, which I did which flooded my whole kitchen floor.

This got the machine working but it had damaged the clothes that had been stuck in the machine.

I rang head office on Friday (27th July) & the person I spoke to advised that it wasn't acceptable & that he would contact the store.

He advised he would get them to replace the machine with a brand new one as should have been delivered back in Oct 2011.

He also said the store would contact me by 5pm that day. They didn't & I have had no call with a ressolution.

I have heard nothing from them.

I went into the store yesterday (Mon 30th July) morning just after opening so it would be quiet.

I requested to speak with the manager & the chap on the counter called through to ask him to speak to me.

I heard the conversation, the manager asking what I wanted & that he was busy. refusing to speak with me.

He sent another member of staff out to speak to me who said the manager would contact me.

I asked for a call by the close of business & surprise, surprise he did not call.

So I am still without a washing machine, its damaged clothes, flooded my kitchen which took days to dry out

& I am still none the wiser as to what "Brighthouse" in tend on doing about it.

They are quick to call me for their weekly payment but not quick to sort their machine out.

I took out optional service cover & damage liability cover, so I wouldn't have to go through all this.

Any suggestions or help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi there Annlz,

Once again another disappointing BH story in which the customer means nothing!

I apologise for the late reply, however i will do my utmost best to advise of what you can do!

Firstly I would speak to head office once again and explain your concerns and the lack of customer service presented by the staff and management at your local BH store. They will be pulled up for it!

Secondly, the more you elevate your complaint the more likely you are to get it resolved. High profits and low customer service are the special served at many BH local stores!

The best thing to do would be to write all of your complaint in a letter and call the head office. Send the letter recorded delivery so that way you know when its been signed for!

That way if BH still refuse to help you you can then forward it on to other authorities.

Also just a little tip, OSC is a complete con, and is another word for PPI. It costs you 20-30 pounds extra a month and you dont actually need it. Your product is protected by a manufacturers warranty for a year as well as the Sale of goods act which covers you for a whole 6 years! If you would like help on getting rid of this ridiculous con please do let me know.

Lefty Jnr