Working tax credit, SSP & ESA - so confused, please help

JTucker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I really hope someone can help me here. My attendance in work has been irregular over the last year and a half. My employer sent me an SSP1 form saying they couldn't pay me SSP from Jan 2012 and have started claiming ESA from March 2012. However I returned to work for a couple of weeks after Jan and had another SSP payment from work in May 2012. I phoned HM Revenue last week to renew my tax credit's and told them my occupational pay will cease in August 2012 but will still be on the books (they are keeping my job open for me until Jan 2013 thankfully due to ill-health). Anyway, they waffled on about being incapacitated for tax credit purposes 28 weeks following your first day of abscence from work. The problem is my work attendance last year was so irregular and so were my SSP payments from work and am so confused what to do. I have been receiving working tax credit all throught my abscence from work 2011 and 2012. I also read that you don't count SSP payments if more than 8 weeks apart. Am really confused. On the renewal pack I had through the post it only says to tell them if you don't return to work after illness or incapacity for work. However, I intend returning to my same job in 2013. Here's a list of the months I received SSP from work so have no idea how this affects my working tax credit. If anyone can help i'd be most grateful:

January - No

February-Yes

March- No

April- No

May- Yes

June- Yes

July- Yes

August- Yes

September- Yes

October- Yes

November- No

December- Yes