style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I recieved a parking ticket through the post about a month ago. It alleges that I was "parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours".

Apparently I had driven off before the PCN could be handed over, therefore it came through the post.

I appealed via email, within 14 days. My defense was that I have never parked where alleged, nor did I prevent a parking attendant from issuing me a ticket.

My recollection of the day was that my girlfriend was driving my car, she was driving herself to the pub on the road where I was allegedly parked. She got out, I got out and went over to the drivers side in order to then go and carry on with my own business. I sat in the car for a minute adjusting the seat, mirrors, (general faffing about!) and I noticed the traffic warden who was walking along issuing tickets, taking details etc. As I was stopped on a single yellow line, I decided it obviously would be sensible to now actually carry on my journey.

The notice of rejection said evidence was available on their website, I logged on and there is no evidence, just the details of the alleged contravention. The notice however states the councils reasons as "the evidence recorded by the CEO shows that when the PCN was issued the male driver returned from the co-op. He was advised he had a ticket but drove off". There is no evidence rcorded by the CEO (on the website at least) and I was never told I had a ticket or even entered into any communication with a warden for that matter.

I have now recieved a "notice of rejection of formal appeal".

My questions are; why did I recieve a rejection of 'formal rather than 'informal appeal'?

How can they make such a bold accusation of me 'returning from the co-op??? (FYI the co-op was directly opposite where my car was stopped, the pub is on my side of the road, they are directly opposite each other). I walked around my car to the drivers side and got in from the passenger seat.

Any advice appreciated, I can provide further information if needed! Cheers.

My questions are; why did I recieve a rejection of 'formal rather than 'informal appeal'?

Because the PCN was served by post, it is also a Notice to Owner, so any appeal is treated as a formal representation.

Since the discount period has passed, you have nothing to lose by taking it to adjudication on the grounds that the contravention did not occur since you are allowed to stop on a SYL to drop passengers under the boarding and alighting exemption

Because the PCN was served by post, it is also a Notice to Owner, so any appeal is treated as a formal representation.

Since the discount period has passed, you have nothing to lose by taking it to adjudication on the grounds that the contravention did not occur since you are allowed to stop on a SYL to drop passengers under the boarding and alighting exemption

Thanks for the info/advice, I will look into the boarding/alighting exception. Obviously it will take a while but I will update when anything interesting happens! Cheers, Ricky.