Blag your statements for free - Suggestions you may use

surreyscouse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have done it twice recently. On both occassions I have told the bank that my online access has been denied and I am waiting for new passwords and my account to be reset etc but I need my statements really quick. As the people in the so called customer service department have no idea how the online system works then you can put the onus on them to come up with some sort of way in which you can see your statements. On both occassions I was told statements will be sent free as it is not really my fault. Saved a packet that way !

My mate also rang up and said he was still waiting for his statements he requested two weeks ago from Simon (Any name will do) He never really called but he asked for a manager and was told that the statements will be sent out "again". They even lie to you when you try and blag them up.

Goes against the grain a bit but I'd much rather try not to pay than hand money over easily !

just to clarify, you are protesting abouts banks stealing your money, and yyour response is to steal it back?

not wanting to stick up for the banks, but if you want sympathy, it's best to be whiter than white.

How is being given your money back seen as stealing??? Do you work for a bank Howard? You certainly sound like it? :p

'given' back is if and when you receive a payment from them, or is a flat rate charged for a service (providing statements, not under a dpa request) also 'unlawful'

and yes i do, i work for halifax plc, if you look in the 'word from the banks' section, you'll see i asked (eventually) for permission to post from home, not work.

People are asking for their money back, the banks give it to them. Where is the stealing involved? LOL!

Definition:

STEALING: To take (the property of another) without right or permission

Ex CAG helper ^_^

People are asking for their money back, the banks give it to them. Where is the stealing involved? LOL!

Definition:

STEALING: To take (the property of another) without right or permission

the blagging of the statements by telling untrue stories to the banks.

if you want them, wait for the complete set sent out with the dpa request, or better still, don't lose them in the first place.............

I never mentioned bank statements, apologies I thought you meant charges. I don't see why people would feel the need to blag statements, I didn't need to fortunately, I asked nicely and didn't incur a fee, then again I am being repeatedly ignored for other information but nothing surprises me! LOL! :D

Ex CAG helper ^_^

I never mentioned bank statements, apologies I thought you meant charges. I don't see why people would feel the need to blag statements, I didn't need to fortunately, I asked nicely and didn't incur a fee, then again I am being repeatedly ignored for other information but nothing surprises me! LOL! :D

have you read the title of this thread?

I'm only human, shoot me! LOL! Calm down dear etc..... have you seen the time! :D

yeah, i've had a busy day, and having a couple of beers while catching up with what the poor people who pay my bonus are upto.......

that's what you want me to say, but aswell as working for the halifax, i am also a customer, and knowing what goes on on both sides of the counter is good for me personally

He he! I have worked for many an 'evil' company too but not a bank...yet! I on my 3rd glass of wine so not up to debating atm! Nice speaking to you, I'm sure you will be help to some on here, it always good to see both sides. :D

Ex CAG helper ^_^

He he! I have worked for many an 'evil' company too but not a bank...yet! I on my 3rd glass of wine so not up to debating atm! Nice speaking to you, I'm sure you will be help to some on here, it always good to see both sides. :D

i can't take a viewpoint against my employer, but i can try and play devil's advocate, explaining in human terms rather than bankish about stuff i know about.

you're not the guy in those cheesy halifax ads are you ?!

Abbey claim: £972.00; Req for Refund letter sent 22.05.06

HSBC claim: sorted!

Citibank credit card claim: sorted!

Abbey/MBNA credit card: sorted!

Smile credit card: 2nd LBA sent 09.06.06

Capital One credit card: sorted!

Parachute deployed and everything moved ... GO GET 'EM !!

• 4 months later...

There are two reasons why this is completely wrong

1) To lie to get anywhere with the banks is wrong and destroys your credibility. On this site we occupy a high moral position, to start being deceptive lowers us to the level of the banks.

2) The DPA SAR asks for details of manual intervention, a thing that we strongly believe the banks will rely on in court to justifiy their charges. If we have given the banks every opportunity to supply this information via a DPA SAR and the don't then they cannot use this in court.

I would urge users to use the methods in the FAQ's and not resort to LYING to get their money back.

• Haha 1

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Sorry Surreyscouse- I actually agree with blueskies, in that Honesty is always the best policy!! However, it is a pity that some of the banks appear not to follow that philosophy and their apparent lack of transparency is shown very clearly by some banks and or their apponted agents (DCA's) covert collection practices!? An emphasis must be placed upon the fact, that this is simply my opinion. Angry Cat

Ditto the good guys, I reckon you need to standbefore the bench dressed in the purest white and looking as virginal as possible,

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks