Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3044 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My sons company bought a house through Paragons buy to let mortgage. The house was not in a good state and the idea was to do it up and then let it.

Unfortunately my son ran into problems in his life and could not afford to do any work on the house. I moved in and pay the company rent.

The house is in desperate need of rewiring, a new boiler, shower doesn't work, sink in bathroom can't be used....but I manage OK with how it is.

My son has no money and is struggling to get by and I have no spare money either.

Two weeks ago the bank did not pay the mortgage as I had changed the date my rent money went in.

Paragon got in touch with my son and he could not pay them but I could....so I did.This is when they found out I was living at the house.

They have now written to him saying he must pay mortgage in full or they will repossess as he can't rent to me as I'm his family.

As it wasn't my sons property but belonged to his business we thought we were doing nothing wrong.

They have given him 14 days to sort it or face repossession.

7 of these days have already passed as he was away from home and only picked up this letter yesterday.

I suffer with depression and anxiety and panic attacks and since getting this news last night I can't rest, can't sleep and I'm in full on panic mode and can't think straight.

I have nowhere I can stay and as I have a dog little chance of finding somewhere willing to take me and my dog. I am on benefits due to my health so that limits how much I could pay for somewhere

The truth is I don't want to move. I'm happy here and feel safe. I have lovely neighbours and I'm near enough to my family but far enough away from my violent ex.

I'm hoping that there is some way round this but is there?

Any help would be very welcome

Thanks for reading

If the mortgage is paid and up to date I don't believe they will do anything. What would they be going to court to achieve? You cannot worry about something that hasn't happened yet and IMHO is unlikely to happen. Others will be along to advise I am sure.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Its his house. He should just reply that he isn't renting the house and the person they spoke to was his confused mum.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!