style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, My elderly mum is staying in a room in a hotel, basically in the attic which is roasting hot!

She asked for a fan but they said it was against health and safety!!! Is this true?

She is on a holiday from hell I think, wish I has taken her and M-in-L there my self!

I suspect they didn't have a fan that had been 'PAT' tested. To give her one that had not been checked would indeed be unlawful.

I think the temperature issue is simply because of the weather - it can be particually difficult for those getting on in years.

PAT testing is for an electrial item over 12 months old in commercial premises

the minimum temperture under health and safety regulations is 16 degrees although their is no maximum temperture as such and is contained in The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992

Regulation 7 of these Regulations deals specifically with the temperature in indoor workplaces and states that:

During working hours, the temperature in all workplaces inside buildings shall be reasonable.

the hotel are talking rubbish as the maximum temperture needs to be reasonable for which the hotel as a comercial busines has obligations under the regulations

to refuse a fan is in contravention of the regulations in my opinion and i would ask under what section of the health and safety at work act they are relying on

it all depends though on what is called a reasonable temperture, has she measured it

as stated

staying in a hotel (commercial premises)

this is covered under the management of health and safety at work act 1999

members of the public, in this case guests, are covered under this legislation

But I guess she would have to have a come back when they ask what do you mean or something? She is not of the younger generation

like the fighters! She is christian, godly with a touch of annoyance!!!

ime sorry, i take for granted sometimes that people understand things i say and i tend to get ahead of myself

i feel sorry for her but their is not much more i can say

i would think when she returns home a strong letter of complaint is in order with an explanation

yeah they have had traffic like you wouldnt believe and a crappy coach to replace the air con one that couldn`t get there.

not that you can do anything about that but stayed 2hr trip from eden and heligan and kept the crappy coach for the duration!

Why the company couldn`t find a hotel nearer I don`t know! Eden & heligan are half hour apart but 4-5 hrs travelling to each every day from torquay!

Just trying to make their life easier while they are there!

and now the crappy coach won`t start so they may not get to Eden project today! I guess the good coach they should have had on fridays changeover is still stuck in traffic for 44hrs!

Diamond holidays you can`t contact on a sunday and the free skype number they give wants 7p/min! Talk about faulty towers!

Oh Look! here come manwell! Poor mum...

The mechanic is apperently on the way but he wouldn`t come unless "they" found £79 cash as they couldn`t pay by card on a sunday!

I guess that was the driver as he is the only contact point.

just list the catalogue of errors from start to finish of your holiday

put it in writing and ask the tour opperator what they intend to do about it

if they decline contact ABTA

that is what they are their for, tour opperators need their accreditation to survive