style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I loved the first bit when it showed pre industrial society to industrial society. Might be because I am a sociology teacher, i felt like it was representing my subject!!

All my students should know what this process is called. If not ....Read up on it!!

It was defo bizarre

Whether you're a sport fan or not (and I'm getting fed up listening to the moaners!) - you have to applaud the technology and the time and effort that was put into making it such a spectacular show and I really enjoyed watching it.

Personally I would rather not have had to endure Paul McCartney !

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Whether you're a sport fan or not (and I'm getting fed up listening to the moaners!) - you have to applaud the technology and the time and effort that was put into making it such a spectacular show and I really enjoyed watching it.

Personally I would rather not have had to endure Paul McCartney !

I found some of the music very emotional. We had Nimrod at my Mum's funeral as it was a piece that she loved, especially as my Dad was in the RAF in WWII, and Abide with Me never fails to bring a tear to my eye. It unashamedly celebrated the best of British.

Nice to see Her Maj showing her sense of humour too. :lol:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I am not knocking the ceromony, the deaf children singing the National Anthem had me blubbing, and I thought it was extremely clever. I just wondered what the rest of the world thought!

I agree with you Ell-en, I am getting fed up with people moaning. I think we have done a great job. I missed the torch going through our area as I was on holiday but I would have gone to watch it had I been around. It was good to see the crowds watching the cycle race yesterday, even if our spoilt, petty lads came no-where.

Paul McCartney needs to be placed in a home for doddery old crooners, he is well past his sell by date. I am not a Royalist but as you say at least her Majesticals joined in. Good on her.

I am very proud to be English/British though I think this is one of the best countries on earth

The only reason I'm not absolutely raving over the Olympics, is the cost, and the fact I'm not a lover of watching sport - but I have to say Her Maj absolutely rocked!!!! :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I am not knocking the ceromony, the deaf children singing the National Anthem had me blubbing, and I thought it was extremely clever. I just wondered what the rest of the world thought!

I agree with you Ell-en, I am getting fed up with people moaning. I think we have done a great job. I missed the torch going through our area as I was on holiday but I would have gone to watch it had I been around. It was good to see the crowds watching the cycle race yesterday, even if our spoilt, petty lads came no-where.

Paul McCartney needs to be placed in a home for doddery old crooners, he is well past his sell by date. I am not a Royalist but as you say at least her Majesticals joined in. Good on her.

I am very proud to be English/British though I think this is one of the best countries on earth

i think it would have been a bit more realistic if we had had thatcher at the end part of the industrial revolution shutting down the steelworks, and cameron, clegg and co instead of those big puppets destroying the nhs...or perhaps that is what mr boyle had in mind

i think it would have been a bit more realistic if we had had thatcher at the end part of the industrial revolution shutting down the steelworks, and cameron, clegg and co instead of those big puppets destroying the nhs...or perhaps that is what mr boyle had in mind

Yeah, you're right. It also missed Scargill's destruction of the mining industry, Blair flooding the country with immigrants and Brown wrecking the economy. You can't have it all though.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I think this is one of the best countries on earth

So does the other half of Europe. The first half told them.

Edited by tonycee

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Yeah, you're right. It also missed Scargill's destruction of the mining industry, Blair flooding the country with immigrants and Brown wrecking the economy. You can't have it all though.
you have a strange view fred...scargill brought the miners out on strike in order to save the pits not shut them..maggie shut em

blair was a prat and still is

brown didnt actually wreck the economy the banks did that...all on their own...though the idiot did give em the money to bail them out...however, so did the leaders of nearly every country in this hemisphere...personally i think we should have let em go down..as i aint got any money to lose....they have and did, billions...ps what has that got to do with the ceremony?

if i didnt know you better, i would think you were trying to start an argument.........again..........

you have a strange view fred...scargill brought the miners out on strike in order to save the pits not shut them..maggie shut em

blair was a prat and still is

brown didnt actually wreck the economy the banks did that...all on their own...though the idiot did give em the money to bail them out...however, so did the leaders of nearly every country in this hemisphere...personally i think we should have let em go down..as i aint got any money to lose....they have and did, billions...ps what has that got to do with the ceremony?

if i didnt know you better, i would think you were trying to start an argument.........again..........

No arguments, just the facts. Scargill took the miners out on his illegal strike and by the time they caved in the mines were inoperable. He created a self-fulfilling prophesy, the idiot. Anyway, at least we agree about Blair!

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

whilst i dont want to end on an argument fred..my home sits above 300 yrs of coal reserves, the mines werent inoperable, maggie decided she wanted to destroy the unions, especially the miners, scargill like the idiot he was, walked straight into it....but it has resulted in the communities where i reside, completely dependent on welfare, no jobs, no hope, when i first moved here everyone, and i mean everyone worked...now in the row of miners cottages all 40 of them there is one family that is employed, all the rest are dependent on the state...that is the legacy left to this community and many others by the previous conservative administration

whilst i dont want to end on an argument fred..my home sits above 300 yrs of coal reserves, the mines werent inoperable, maggie decided she wanted to destroy the unions, especially the miners, scargill like the idiot he was, walked straight into it....but it has resulted in the communities where i reside, completely dependent on welfare, no jobs, no hope, when i first moved here everyone, and i mean everyone worked...now in the row of miners cottages all 40 of them there is one family that is employed, all the rest are dependent on the state...that is the legacy left to this community and many others by the previous conservative administration

Well in the spirit of not arguing I'll not argue.

Cant stand Rowan Atkinson the sight of him makes me feel physically sick just as benny Hill used to. 007 stunt was amusing and at least we got Queenie in, couldnt have had a major event like this without the Queen, thats the thing we will always do better than any other Country, Royalty, no onme else can get anywhere near us in that, we have history.

Yep I am an unashamed Royalist except that I really wasnt a Princess Diana Fan.

Back to the opening I still think the best bits were The Sheep, The Industrial Revolution and the Queen.

Worst bits were Mr Bean, The NHS bit, and Sir b*****y Paul McCartney, he cant sing anymore if indeed he ever could and should be put out to grass, not trotted out at every oportunity, although i would have thought that someone would have quitely suggested *(after hearing him at the Jubilee) that he may have had a convienient voice loss a couple of days before the openiong ceremony and then he could have bowed out with no loss of face.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

The NHS was in some way to do with Danny Boyles political views, but the Olympic ideal goes against any political involvement, although the NHS can not be found anywhere in the world, except Cuba perhaps. The bigger winner The

Queen.

Cant stand Rowan Atkinson the sight of him makes me feel physically sick just as benny Hill used to. 007 stunt was amusing and at least we got Queenie in, couldnt have had a major event like this without the Queen, thats the thing we will always do better than any other Country, Royalty, no onme else can get anywhere near us in that, we have history.

Back to the opening I still think the best bits were The Sheep, The Industrial Revolution and the Queen.

Worst bits were Mr Bean, The NHS bit, and Sir b*****y Paul McCartney, he cant sing anymore if indeed he ever could and should be put out to grass, not trotted out at every oportunity, although i would have thought that someone would have quitely suggested *(after hearing him at the Jubilee) that he may have had a convienient voice loss a couple of days before the openiong ceremony and then he could have bowed out with no loss of face.

I can't disagree with you about Sir Paul!

But I had to reply to you Blondie, as your post had me lol! You are not by any chance my Aunt are you? :lol:

Joking aside, both Rowan Atkinson and Benny Hill too made her feel physically sick (the nauseous look on her face was hilarious if they appeared on TV :lol:), also she loved the Royals, but didn't rate Diana!

You don't by any chance feel queasy at the thought of Jim Cary do you? :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I shouldn't think I'm your aunt either DW, but you can add me to the list of those who can't bear Benny Hill or Rowan Atkinson, and Jim Cary makes me cringe

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I shouldn't think I'm your aunt either DW, but you can add me to the list of those who can't bear Benny Hill or Rowan Atkinson, and Jim Cary makes me cringe

:lol:

My Aunt used to call Jim Cary "rubber face" lol!

Although I do think Mr Bean is hilarious - Rowan Atkinson does have a face only a Mother could love :oops:

I like some things Rowan Atkinson has done, like some of the Blackadder series and his part in the opening ceremony reminded me of Eric Morecambe with Andre Previn but Benny Hill and Jim Cary leave me cold.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.