would another mobile contract help my dire credit or worsen it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've got dreadful credit due to past defaults with credit cards and overdrafts. I'm trying to improve my credit rating and pay off my debt as financially I'm ok now, but because of defaults, I cannot get any credit card at all, even c1 rejected me for a secured card, and even though I offered them the bloody money, they said no way!

Because of my record with credit debts and them being passed to dcas, I now will be refused any sort of credit for anything. Last year however, I was accepted for a phone contract with Vodafone, which has no missed payments in a year. My bank also alkowed me to upgrade to a gold account as my internal record with them is okay now and I am always in credit and have owed them nothing since 2008. My strategy now then is to work on my bank until I apply for a small overdraft (I darent ask!) and on my phone provider.

However, I looked on my credit report and from 2006/7 two well managed 02 phone accounts are due to drop off in august, leaving me with less history of good repayment. I considered trying Vodafone for an additional phone contract say, on 12 months. I can then chop and change sims, and ensure I don't go over my minutes anyway as well as having two accounts with them in good order.

My friend says this is a stupid idea and he doesn't see how two contracts with the same company would help anyway and that it wouldn't make much of an impact and I'd be paying for a new phone. And it might look worse having more phones.

I think that beggars can't be choosers and given that I cannot get any credit anywhere else to dilute my defaults, its a good option.

What do any credit savvy people think?

Thank you!

Edited by annemarie83

Hi,

What dates are the defaults ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I can't see having two contracts doing you any favour's, your going to toil with the defaults, best keep all you payments ect up to date.

Maybe someone else can offer you a better option, I'm not all that savvy with credit.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert