unsure why they need it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my partner is being tuped from one firm to another but the new firm want him to fill out a job application form and want to do a credit check on him but he refuses the credit check as he dose not work with money, and has told them no

im worried that they may sack him for this, i know that under tupe law his contract and hours stay the same but once he signed to the new firm can they dismiss him for this?

he works as a security officer and the site he on now has been took over by a new security firm and has been told that he will tupe over to new firm and everything remains the same

why the job application form and the credit check though?

It may be a requirement that the owners of the site they look after have imposed.

Is there anything to worry about on the credit check or is this a point of principle?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

No it the security firm asking for it as the site don't require it

It principle for us as we think if he not working with money or getting an application for money or stuff then they don't require it

they may not dismiss him for it now but a year down the line they may "harmonise conditions" and make it a requirement.

Depends how much you need the job. I don't know as I'd want to be off on a bad footing with the new boss myself.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

He got bad credit and to be dismissed for refusing to give one is wrong surley it be unfair dismissal as he not working with money and refuses the cash in transit jobs he job for this building site and once built just to check staff in and out

they may want staff flexible enough to do cash transit too.

has he had a discussion with them?

how bad is bad credit? overstetched? defaults? ccjs? iva? bankruptcy?

Defaults and a loss ccj that shouldn't b there but he finanvly linked to me and I have ccj n defaults to

He made it clear he won't do that he applys for companys that don't do the cash in transit as it a big risk

he'd really best have a chat with the new employer.

he really should speak to his employer it may be a requirement that all staff can do cash jobs the fact that you say he has refused them in the past would suggest that they are part of the expected work.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.