Carphone warehouse- can i get a refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace from CPW on 22/05/2012 , i bought this phone as taking photo`s of work completed / to be done is part of my job.

This phone will not connect with any PC or laptop & i have had enough. I went to CPW today & spoke with a guy who turned out to be the manger, he said it is Samsung`s problem & to ring their helpline or contact Sony [ my laptop is a Sony] there is nothing wrong with my laptop.

He then suggested if i had taken out insurance i could have contacted " Geeks ", i pointed out that since i did`t take out insurance that this was irrelevant. He did suggest sending it away to repair, now, at no point did he touch the phone or even look at it so how would he know it needed a repair. I asked if he could supply a phone of equal status as i needed to be able to take photo`s & download onto my laptop, no it would be a basic phone, he also suggested i took it to one of their bigger stores which does repairs but i would have to pay.

I have had enough now & would like to know if i can go into the shop & get a refund?

Hi Middxx

Have you downloaded "Kies" from the samsung site that allows the transfer?

There are lots of ways of connecting devices, many don't show up as a drive without an app running on your pc to handle the communications ...

Because of the way that some of these communications take place (similar to a network) it is possible for a firewall to get in the way

If that doesn't work, try the Samsung website. You shouldn't need to pay for assistance to get this working, they should provide sufficient information to be able to do this for yourself.

Have you thought of trying wireless network?

If the usb transfer won't work, do you have a friend with a similar phone that you could try on their pc. Perhaps car phone warehouse can demonstrate how its done (pretend to be buying one and ask to see it).

If it won't work at all, it might depend on when you first reported this to car phone warehouse. If within the first month, they might replace (if they accept that their is a fault and that you first reported then), otherwise a repair.

Hi Middxx

Have you downloaded "Kies" from the samsung site that allows the transfer?

There are lots of ways of connecting devices, many don't show up as a drive without an app running on your pc to handle the communications ...

Because of the way that some of these communications take place (similar to a network) it is possible for a firewall to get in the way

If that doesn't work, try the Samsung website. You shouldn't need to pay for assistance to get this working, they should provide sufficient information to be able to do this for yourself.

Have you thought of trying wireless network?

If the usb transfer won't work, do you have a friend with a similar phone that you could try on their pc. Perhaps car phone warehouse can demonstrate how its done (pretend to be buying one and ask to see it).

If it won't work at all, it might depend on when you first reported this to car phone warehouse. If within the first month, they might replace (if they accept that their is a fault and that you first reported then), otherwise a repair.

Hi Grumpy

I tried Kies , TBH its the worst piece of software ive ever encountered. Its all over the net how bad it is , i have tried the phone on different pc`s & laptops & its not being recognized . I will admit i`m not a techy but i know how blue tooth & wireless etc etc works & just can`t get this phone to transfer data.

I will try CPW one more time but it should`t be this difficult. I will see what they say & ask for them to demonstrate the phone but if it still does not work then what are my legal options because ive spent too much time messing around with this phone.

Thanks for the advise......... much appreciated

middxx...

hi mate, hopefully this will help you in connecting your phone...

ON THE PHONE!

go into menu / settings...

then into "wireless and networks"

then click on "tethering and portale hotspots"

NOW PLUG IN YOUR USB CORD TO LAPTOP/ PHONE

the option "USB TETHERING" will now be available... simply check it...

now on your "pull down menu" (top of screen, drag down the notification pane) there will be the option "USB CONNECTED" select this, and it will open a little screen with a droid on... then on the bottom of there is "connect storage to PC"...

click that... it will install drivers on laptop... and jobs a good-en.

if that doesnt work, go instore, and demand a repair (SOGA states they are responsible, not Samsung, for ensuring device functions correctly for a "reasonable period of time") - Also, bear in mind, most mobiles come with a min of 24 months warranty, hence 24 month contracts now :)

--- I STRUGGLED WITH THIS AT FIRST, I ended up emailing all my photos to my other email address via WIFI until i worked it out... most likely in the user manual though :p ---

• 4 months later...