Quotation check and advise.

gust
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wonder if you can help me out a little.

I found a website showing which credit reference agencies are used by bank lenders.

Is there any such listing of which CRA's motor insurance companies use?

I have different info with all 3 CRA's, one being alot better than the other 2. I would like to find out which insurers use which CRA's before i go ahead and make an application.

ALSO - if using comparison sites, if they are giving me multiple quotes from serveral companies, will this mean several credit searches? I have heard that credit ratings COULD be damaged if this is done wrong.

thanks for you help here, yet again

cheers

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

when i have taken motor insurance out in the past and paid monthly there has been a search on my credit file,

but only by the company i took the insurance out with not by any of the other ones that quoted

not sure if that helps

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Thanks that answers one question. The other question... Basically my experian credit file will be clean next month finally but i have defaults showing on the other 2 cra files. So i really need to know any motor ins companies who only credit check using experian and not the other 2. Ta

I have had a lot of defaults in the past but have never been refused insurance cover. Also doesn't really matter how many searches show as their are only quotation or insurance searches so will not arm your rating.

Hi i used several comparison sites recently to see what deals i could get on car insurance. I have checked and all seem to have been done with experian. Am i right in believing that no full credit check will be done until when i select the insurer i want and process the application? Also i got the quotes while a default was on my credit file with equifax and now my default has passed 6 years so vanished :) so would there be any benefit in getting requoted in case the default upped the premium since now the default has gone wondering if would get cheaper deals. What do you think? Cheers

Edited by gust

All insurance/ loan apps on comparison sites will result in

searches for ID purposes then a full credit search if you

pursue the app.

A requote is definitley in order.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Look like my post was merged and last post vanished. In short i got quotes for insurance while i had a default but now it has been removed. If i get quotes again with default removed do u think i'd be offered better deals and maybe cheaper premiums? Ta

HI

In need of car insurance right now and the cheapest i have found is with the green insurance company.

Anyone dealt with this or know if they are worth using or avoiding?

thanks

cheers

it feels good to have all GREEN on one CRA :) now just have to pick wisely to which CRA's get used by what companies

ta Brig (yet again) ;)

:) a quick thought.. Would logging into my existing confused.com account and just searching for new quotes be enough to notice i have no default with cra... Or will it still use the previous cra search? Wondering if starting all over with a fresh applicayion would be the better option? Will that make any difference do you think? Ta

I don't think they use historic searches, it will be a new one each time>

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ageas is the new name for Fortis group insurance. They also underwrite for people such as Tesco insurance.

The insurance brokerage firm I insure through recommend them highly and I've had lower quotes from them for personal and business insurance!!

Feebee_71