Santander/Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi DX.

No, didn't get CRA file,

I'm still rather wary of checking anything with the credit reference agencies as I don't want to start opening a can of worms.

I have read somewhere that once you start checking, then the likes of DCAs know you might be worried about something and put on the heat!!

Sorry if I sound paranoid, but after nearly 6 years of constant worry, threats of repossession, harrassment from DCAs and bailiffs

I have just about run out of steam and the end of my tether is hanging by a thread.

I just want to sort this final problem out and hopefully I can get on with my life.

If I am wrong about getting my CRA file, then please feel free to put me straight!

Someone said that Noddle (?) was free to use, but after looking at things on the internet there seems to be a mixed reaction as to whether or not they are actually any good.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have not moved home recently

then your cra file will have all the info on you anyway.

its an old wives tale regarding your CRA file that has been pu to bed mny times.

noddle is ok

go get it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have moved home recently (8 months ago), so it might not be right up to date.

Next question! Does anyone know where I should send the SAR? I have 2 addresses for Santander - one is PO Box 388 Sheffield, the other is Triton Square in London. The second is their registered office and the PO Box one is the address given on a statement they sent at the beginning of June.

Just had a thought. Don't want Moorcrap getting my new address (I live with an elderly relative and certainly don't want them having to deal with phone calls or people knocking at the door as they would never cope with it). If I sign up with Noddle, surely they will then list my new address for all to see? My bank knows my new address so maybe it will be on there already. Now I'm confused - although I admit that doesn't take much these days :oops:

if you've told your bank and you are on voters, it will alreay be on there i bet

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have signed up to Noddle and frankly there is very little on there, so I take this to be a good sign!

My new address is on there, but the last search done was by an anti money laundering company last year which was probably to do with paying off my mortgage.

There are no searches on there with regard to the new address and the only accounts listed are an old Barclays account

which is standing at 0 and my current bank account which says up to date.

The only reference I can find to Santander is where it names Mr B as a connection and the date for that is November 2010.

I am assuming that as I can't see anything listed as not paid or defaulted on that this is probably a good sign?

Out of interest, does anyone know how I can get rid of the connection between myself and Mr B from the credit report?

I'm afraid that I have found Noddle practically useless often way out of date, many companies only use Equifax or Experian, so there will only be entries on those CRAs.

I suggest checking either or both main agencies.

To remove a connection write a notice of disassociation to the Data Controller at the CRAs.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

ita good sign is not showing

i'd check credit expert too

just t be sure.

just remember t CANCEL the subs before 30days are up

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Still no sar from Santander, but it has only been about 21 days.

However, on looking at my credit report again, I noticed that this account from Santander was marked as 'settled' in December 2010. There is also a marker from the month before which says there were sustained arrears but a new agreement for payment was made with the lender.

As I didn't even know about this account, I haven't really got much idea what either of those things mean. If Mr B did indeed make a new agreement to pay then why is it marked as 'settled' the following month when, quite clearly, it wasn't. Anyone got any suggestions?

The date though is 2010.

We certainly never received anything at that time to say that the debt had been passed to anyone else

and it wasn't until I rang Santander in July of this year that I was told the debt had been 'passed on' to Moorcroft about 10 days before.

That leaves a gap of about 18 months between the account apparantly being closed/settled and the debt being passed on, which is why I am confused about it.

• 1 month later...

I sent my SAR to santander, which was signed for on 11 September 2012.

We are now well past the 40 days allowed and I have received absolutely nothing from them at all, so what would be my next step?

I can't find out whether or not the postal order I sent for the £10 has been cashed (I had it made payable to santander),

and the woman at my local post office said that there was no way of finding out - which, judging by looking on the internet, is true!

and they

Still no sar from Santander, but it has only been about 21 days.

However, on looking at my credit report again, I noticed that this account from Santander was marked as 'settled' in December 2010. There is also a marker from the month before which says there were sustained arrears but a new agreement for payment was made with the lender.

As I didn't even know about this account, I haven't really got much idea what either of those things mean. If Mr B did indeed make a new agreement to pay then why is it marked as 'settled' the following month when, quite clearly, it wasn't. Anyone got any suggestions?

thats what happen before its sold

the OC marks it settled.

then the 'buyer' puts it back.

dx

and they

thats what happen before its sold

the OC marks it settled.

then the 'buyer' puts it back.

dx

With regard to this one, i

t seems to have completely disappeared from my credit report last month along with several other accounts for things like store cards that were defaulted on around 6 years ago.

Could this be a possible sign that it is statute barred?

The only reference to an account with santander is if I click on the link for associated names and it still gives Mr Blackadder as being associated with me for this account.

Other than that there is no sign of it.

that will be the defaults 6th birthday

its a good sign of poss sb

but if you know you've made payments, then obv its not sb'd

dx

and they

green library tab top left

then dca section on the right

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Really sorry, I've gone to the library but I just can't find the failure to respond SAR letter. Perhaps I need a white stick!! Can anyone be a bit more specific about where it is?

Also, I have managed to call the Post Office (number for anyone else who needs it is 08457 223344 - lots of buttons to push initially, but the staff were really helpful once I got through), and have discovered that the postal order I sent made payable to santander has not been cashed. So at least I know that the SAR hasn't got lost in the post!

Thank you zydeco, found it!

OK, next problem :( The letter says about taking them to court if they don't comply. Good idea, only I just don't have the money to threaten this kind of thing and then follow it through. Not sure if I can adapt the letter in some way or if there is another option.

you dont need money

ICO first

dx

and they