Halifax rejected claim before paperwork even sent?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3002 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Carry on as normal with the PPI claim and enclose a copy of their letter.

Ask them how they can possibly reject a claim before it has been lodged as they would not have been aware of your reasons for the mis-sale.

Tell them that you want this investigate properly in accordance with the regulator's rules.

• Confused 1

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I today have recieved exactly the same rejection letter. I phoned them to enquire about possible PPI on the loan. They acknowledged that there was indeed PPI on the account and they would send out a questionnaire.

In the meantime, I SAR'd them. Am still waiting for it to arrive. I recieved their questionnaire but held back filling it in because I wanted to send off my complaint with the spreadsheet for PPI payment claim and a covering letter.

It seems they have decided not to uphold my complaint without hearing what I am complaining about.

Can they do this?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Vazunna

Simple answer is no they can't.

Give them one final opportunity to do this in accordance with the regulator's rules on investigating.

In the letter tell them that you are quite prepared to get fos involved on two fronts, one being their flouting of the rules on investigating complaints and two the actual complaint itself. I am sure that fos will be interested in the fact that the lender has issued a final decision without knowing what the basis of the complaint is.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Thankyou Ims,

Do you recommend that I wait for the SAR or just fill in the questionnaire and a covering letter?

Bearing in mind the SAR was regarding a credit card I had with them. I remember DX100UK saying the SAR is on the person and not the account. But in my original SAR request, I asked for " information regarding the above account ". It was a basic template from another forum and not the more detailed one you can find on this site.

Regards

Vazunna

Yes a SAR covers the person unless you specifically qualify it to say it id for only a particular account.

If it were me I'd wait for the SAR

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi Ims21,

Not sure if I made myself absolutely clear. I do apologise.

I have not requested a SAR from this account. It is a loan account.

The SAR I sent was for a credit card account and I specifically asked for information regarding the credit card account, not the loan account.

Do I send another SAR like the one on C.A.G. regarding me and not a specific account?

They have already cashed the cheque for the SAR I sent re: credit card.

Apologies for the confusion.

Regards

Vazunna

Yes you'll need another SAR then.

Make this one global but you can exclude the credit card one if you wish.

Just amend the SAR template to what you want to receive.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

hmm it seems MBNA are not the only ones rejecting PPI with a Final Response before the customer has actually complained. Tut tut tut. Exactly what MBNA have just done to me.

Once again Ims offers excellent advice :-)

I just don't understand why these banks think they can get away with it?! have they not heard of CAG lol!

• 4 weeks later...

hello all,

I have got the SAR from Halifax and there is nothing I can find apart from Mortgage Repayments Insurance and the amount charged to my account on a monthly basis.

I cannot find any gross amounts or anything like that.

Do I simply add the premiums charged and paid and then multiply the gross figure by the 8%pa compound?

any help appreciated

thanks, Gordies

So was this an insurance premium paid separately from the mortgage payment each month or was it a single premium added to the account at the start?

Is the amount the same every month?

Have you got a copy of the mortgage agreement?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I paid one amount per month. The SAR shows the breakdown of mortgage monthly payment and MRI premium. The amount was the same for 2 years and then went up by £3 per month in year 3 (according to the SAR) which, incidentally is when my interest rate went up slightly.

All I got from the SAR was a copy of Mortgage Application/General enquiry form.

Sorry its so vague but I cannot find any gross amount of front end loading anywhere, apart from the MII (mortgage indemnity insurance?).

StatIntSheet v101.xls

What I would do is enter the amounts you have paid into this spreadsheet and send it in to them with the complete fos form from here.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

They will do their own calculations anyway but at least you ill get the claim underway.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions