british gas profits up 23% time to renationalise?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

british gas (now there is a misnomer if i have ever heard one..they are actually a french owned company) profits have risen by 23% in the last quarter, yet they are now saying that gas prices will have to rise again for the winter period!

is it not now time for uk govt. to consider the renationalisation of all the utilities companies in the uk today.

it is pretty obvious that we are now being bled dry by these companies, as prices rise year on year, all in the interest of shareholders and multinational companies.

i do fear for our security of supply, and whether people can continue to absorb these hikes in prices that are year on year being put on us the paying customer.

it is not like we actually have a choice, most of the big companies are very close to each other in price, and actually changing supplier can sometimes be more hassle than it is worth.

we need in this country energy suppliers who are not totally reliant on making huge profits but are run by the people for the people

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Between energy companies, oil companies and banks - we're inundated with legalised thieves :roll:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

dont think the british people are a revolutionary type of nation(s) we bitch and moan, but apart from getting to vote every couple of years for the 2 main parties who have no intention of changing the status quo, we do nothing....i suppose we deserve all we get!

dont think the british people are a revolutionary type of nation(s) we bitch and moan, but apart from getting to vote every couple of years for the 2 main parties who have no intention of changing the status quo, we do nothing....i suppose we deserve all we get!

You said it in one. Where r the French..

Maybe Dave (from the programme Bank Of Dave) can start a Utility Company and put the big boys to shame as he did the banks.

Not that it would make any difference, but it would at least open our eyes more to the constant price rises. I didn't really understand

how the banks worked, but Dave helped me a lot (explained in more Layman terms that I could understand).

If he did the same with the Utility (rip off) companies, I would definitely tune in.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Nothing will change short of a revolution..

I'm in if you are?

You said it in one. Where r the French..

*Checks arm pits* - no, not French here :lol:

Maybe Dave (from the programme Bank Of Dave) can start a Utility Company and put the big boys to shame as he did the banks.

Not that it would make any difference, but it would at least open our eyes more to the constant price rises. I didn't really understand

how the banks worked, but Dave helped me a lot (explained in more Layman terms that I could understand).

If he did the same with the Utility (rip off) companies, I would definitely tune in.

Sounds like a plan Sod'Em! Is there anyway you can contact him via the net and suggest it? Or we could all contact him?

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Well I think it's about time we did have a revolution! Not only that, it's never been easier what with the power of the internet!

Although I know what you mean D4G, some people I know do nothing but moan and b!tch all day long - then when you get protests that get out of hand (mostly because the police get heavy handed when those peacefully protesting haven't done anything wrong), they start spouting how disgusted they are!

One protest against the EDL was utterly disgusting - the EDL behaved like absolute animals, and those protesting against them were so peaceful - yet the police turned on the peaceful protesters! The videos are all over youtube!

yep, if there was a gold medal going for bitching and moaning, we would have had two in the bag already, and your quite correct peaceful protests seem to end in a nasty way, mainly due to heavy handed policing...though am beginning to wonder whether that sea change might now be coming, with coppers already well pi**ed with the establishment. bring on a general strike whilst camerons watching the 200m

revolution on

have some designs written up for new tatics + weaponry

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

revolution on

have some designs written up for new tatics + weaponry

As much as I'd love to think you had a plan for a revolution, I wouldn't want to see you get in any bother Labrat!

Apparently if the police come across, or have it reported that anything written or posted on the internet is "inciting violence or hate", they have the power to immediately arrest you!

Even just a off the cuff joke now, gives the go ahead for the law to arrest and come down heavy handed :roll:

well it was a joke - ive got a few friends who joke about this alot - not on polatics but on animal rights

not a thing im into tho

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

well it was a joke - ive got a few friends who joke about this alot - not on polatics but on animal rights

not a thing im into tho

Oh don't get me started on the rights of animals!!! If I were to post on anywhere regarding that I'd be arrested withing a few hours :lol:

I know you're only joking :wink:

Although, we do need some sort of revolution, or national strike - all those millions of profit announced immediately after they announce they're going to have to put prices up? Talk about a "ner ner ner ner, we can screw you over how we like, just because we can" attitude!!!:-x

you should meet the people i know they would get on well with you

mostly weve been talking as they needed "technical computer help"

if i mention the word deft you get the idea

Please note:

you should meet the people i know they would get on well with you

mostly weve been talking as they needed "technical computer help"

if i mention the word deft you get the idea

You see some people think those of us who believe in animals rights (I did a whole load of campaigning in my younger days), are the vegetarian/vegan/fluffy bunny types - but not all of us are like that. I would like to be vegetarian, but I not only enjoy meat, I also can't risk a vegetarian diet due to health problems.

However, I do believe in animals having a free and good life, I believe that if we eat animals we should do so with the full understanding of where that meat came from and how it was slaughtered, and also try to use as much of the animal as is possible - respect the life it has given for us.

So this revolution? Any ideas? I'm thinking of emailing Ed Davy - I would like to see his response to why the energy prices are going up when such a massive profit has been raked in, in only 6mths!

i was just going to cut off my gas and set fire to next door to keep warm!

Please note:

As much as I'd love to think you had a plan for a revolution, I wouldn't want to see you get in any bother Labrat!

Apparently if the police come across, or have it reported that anything written or posted on the internet is "inciting violence or hate", they have the power to immediately arrest you!

Even just a off the cuff joke now, gives the go ahead for the law to arrest and come down heavy handed :roll:

Im not in any way personally inciting violence or hate, however people power is a democratic need and the right to speak up about the manipulation of ordinary peoples lives in the pursuit of greed for a minority class is a must. It would be a very sad day for humankind if we was arrested for speaking the truth and ever sadder if we did nothing..

Im not in any way personally inciting violence or hate, however people power is a democratic need and the right to speak up about the manipulation of ordinary peoples lives in the pursuit of greed for a minority class is a must. It would be a very sad day for humankind if we was arrested for speaking the truth and ever sadder if we did nothing..

I agree CD! Did you hear about that guy who in a joke on his Twitter said he was going to blow Nottingham airport sky high, when they were snowed in? Anyway, all's well that's ends well he's just won an appeal :-D

But say for example we were doing a peaceful protest about the banks corruption - and I said to you on FB or Twitter "These guys need blowing sky high", meaning exposing - I'd be arrested under the terrorism act :roll:

You can't say that. Opps you just did. lol..

Oh, er - I think he did! That's it, we'd better report him to the terror dept :lol:

I agree CD! Did you hear about that guy who in a joke on his Twitter said he was going to blow Nottingham airport sky high, when they were snowed in? Anyway, all's well that's ends well he's just won an appeal :-D

But say for example we were doing a peaceful protest about the banks corruption - and I said to you on FB or Twitter "These guys need blowing sky high", meaning exposing - I'd be arrested under the terrorism act :roll:

Oh, er - I think he did! That's it, we'd better report him to the terror dept :lol:

Don't put your self at risk. I will now state on cag that we are consumers and it is our world and I think personally we need a new Guy Fawkes..

free speech in the uk!! not anymore, you even make a joke of blowing something, someone else, you are likely to find the full force of the law banging on your door at some ungodly hour...suspect this will get worse, with the condems looking to put a new communication bill though parliament to allow further access for the 'security forces' to monitor internet..

we are very slowly but surely becoming a state where every movement is monitored and recorded...look at the proliferation of cctv!! whilst we all sit by and are given the line 'its in the interest of security/crime/antisocial behaviour' etc etc, all perfectly reasonable to the law abiding citizen.

I agree entirely,my pet hate is that old chesnut of a defence "if you've nothing to hide you've nothing to worry about". I barely recognise this country now. I'm told it's the rose tinted specs but it isn't, this country is hardly fit to live in for some and by that I mean it cannot fulfill the basic requirements of an ever growing section of its people,education,employment and health care.Re-nationalising of the utilities and the railways would IMO be the rational way to go,Britain reminds me of pre-Castro Cuba.

free speech in the uk!! not anymore, you even make a joke of blowing something, someone else, you are likely to find the full force of the law banging on your door at some ungodly hour...suspect this will get worse, with the condems looking to put a new communication bill though parliament to allow further access for the 'security forces' to monitor internet..

we are very slowly but surely becoming a state where every movement is monitored and recorded...look at the proliferation of cctv!! whilst we all sit by and are given the line 'its in the interest of security/crime/antisocial behaviour' etc etc, all perfectly reasonable to the law abiding citizen.

In the interest of crime and anitsocial behaviour? Hmmm, I'm very sceptical about that reason :lol:

For starters, the police don't even see antisocial behaviour as real crime - and when the CCTV cameras were installed in a highly populated Asian area of Birmingham - it was ever so slightly obvious what their real intentions were, which all came out in the end!

Also - if we walked around with a video recorder, what happens usually if we come across the law? They firstly come down heavy handed asking us to turn it off - then if you rationally explain that it's not against the law to record in a public place, they then abuse their power by threatening to arrest us under the terrorism act!

Unless I knew I had caused another person loss harm or injury, or had committed any other form of offense that I knew was even bordering illegal - I would not even give a police officer my name, you don't have to it's not law. Although, they will again abuse their power and lie to people, insisting it is against the law to not provide any details they ask for :lol:

I agree entirely,my pet hate is that old chesnut of a defence "if you've nothing to hide you've nothing to worry about". I barely recognise this country now. I'm told it's the rose tinted specs but it isn't, this country is hardly fit to live in for some and by that I mean it cannot fulfill the basic requirements of an ever growing section of its people,education,employment and health care.Re-nationalising of the utilities and the railways would IMO be the rational way to go,Britain reminds me of pre-Castro Cuba.

Even though I actually love this saying, as I do believe if you nothing to hide you've nothing to fear - I do understand objection to being spied on in our own homes via the internet.

I'm sure they'll soon realise that my internet activity is not the most riveting, however - I don't appreciate the thought of my private emails perhaps being read, I've nothing to hide in them, but is nothing sacred anymore?

They've been doing it with phones for years - although it was always sort of brushed off, they say they do it to listen out for "trigger words that can pose terror threats"! Yeah, I'm sure my talking to a friend about how well my "mind your own business" is doing, is a huge terror threat :lol:

For those who don't have an interest in gardening - a "mind your own business" is a plant :oops:

They've been doing it with phones for years - although it was always sort of brushed off, they say they do it to listen out for "trigger words that can pose terror threats"!

I think it was Project Echelon,my sister spent time in Iraq we talked about it a lot,it's amazing how many of the trigger words we got through,just innocently chatting you know :-)

We have to grow old but if you cannot do anything else-be a b****y nuicance