Aktiv Kapital letter with wrong name

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have received a letter from this company chasing a debt which they say is for barclaycard for £7000. the name on the letter has a first name, middle name and surname. the first and surname are mine but the middle name is different.

The debt is definitely not mine and not just an error on the name.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to respond. Should I ignore it or write back. If I write back what should I say that clears it up for good

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

Just had another letter from this lot offering me a discount and a payment plan. It seems a standard letter with the usual 'we have been provided with this address through public databases and believe you to be our customer.'

what is the best course of action with these?

they do try, fancy sending out letter to all and sundry using names from Directory and see how may send money back to us.? really scraping the barrel they are = ****. Bad as a chain letter ! mind you I did once years ago and supplied a personal cooking receipy got £500.00 and a couple thanks letters for methods to add to a certain dish. Dam should of Trademarked/copyrighted it.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Hi.

Just had another letter from this lot offering me a discount and a payment plan. It seems a standard letter with the usual 'we have been provided with this address through public databases and believe you to be our customer.'

what is the best course of action with these?

Check your credit record, just in case there is anything dodgy on there. Not unknown for debts to be added to wrong credit records or for their to be multiple searches affecting ratings.

https://www.noddle.co.uk/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi thanks for the replies. I have checked my credit record and its perfectly clean. Dont know what their game is other than that suggested earlier, my name sounds vaguely like someone who has an old debt. Lets see if they keep it up or get bored with me and move on to someone else.

cheers

john

If they continue to pester you send them this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt Hopefully they'll be daft enough to send you details of the debt & if it's not yours they will have breached the Data Protection Act and will have to face the wrath of the ICO. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Letter number three has arrived from these idiots. apparently because they haven't heard from me they are reviewing my account and may pass this on to one of their field agents to arrange a home visit.

Is it best to ignore this or send a letter and if so, which would be the best one.

cheers

John

Is this debt yours or not ?

If it is not your debt, then send them a letter marked for the attention of the compliance manager, advising them they have traced the wrong person and you are concerned by them breaching the data protection rights of the persons whose debt this is.

If it is your debt, just send the prove it letter, which is in the link provided previously.

Any person coming to your address will just be self employed trying to earn a commission and they will just ask whether you are this person, if so you have a debt with x company and would you like to pay. You just have to say they have the wrong person or that you have not received any proof of the debt, so want them to provide this in writing as requested. All communications to be in writing, so don't come again. There is a letter in the CAG library, if you want to send, but some companies ignore.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

thanks unclebulgaria67. the debt not only is not mine the name on the three letters has a different middle name.

In that case write to their compliance manager, with a complaint.

I have had dealings with AK in regard to a relatives debt. If you complain, they will write back, to apologise for any mistake. They are not the most competent of companies though and appear to make loads of mistakes.

"They are not the most competent of companies"....Do you mean that there are competent ones in this murky business?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!