Santander /CL Finance Good News & Bad!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The good news is Santander have upheld my complaint on mis-selling PPI on a Wallis Store Card I had.

This acount was transfered to CL Finance as I am currently working with Payplan to repay my debts. The bad news is they have transfered the entire refund to CL Finance and told me after the event.

I'm more than happy that money should go to pay off my debts however I dind't think they had the right to transfer the interest on premium and loss of cash interest award to them as well.

Before I put pen to paper ( again) would appreciate some guidance.

Many Thanks

If the account was sold then there should be no direct right of set off.

If the account is still owned by the original creditor then they can set off against the account.

If the account was sold then there should be no direct right of set off.

If the account is still owned by the original creditor then they can set off against the account.

Many Thanks for this - you really are a font of all knowledge!

I heard back form a Supervisor this morning who confirmed that they had passed the debt to CL Finance to collect money on their behalf.

When asked if they had sold the debt she confirmed yes and when pushed stated they had no interest in it but it was their "procces" to offset.

I did challenge the fact that if they had sold and had no interest in the debt weren't they in breach of Data Protection legislation contacting a 3rd Party regarding my account.

Again, this was just their process.

Looks like I should refer to FOS. Thanks again for your continued advice.

• 2 weeks later...