Currys rejected Television claim. "RESOLVED"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Being mis-soldlink3.gif cover is one thing. It is a whole other thing to try an deliberately get them to make a mistake. Again i've never had issue with the Coverplan/Whatever happens. If I want it, I take it. If I don't want it I politely say no thanks and that is that. I know what it does and I know what it doesn't cover. It does have benefits that the SOGAlink18.gif and house insurance has drawbacks on, these aren't denyable facts. But it's down to the consumer to decide if it's right for them in their case.

A mistake sounds awfully like an error, no I was thinking if you are going to take this cover, see how they describe it, and ask them things like "if I drop it, what happens?" etc. You will find some that blatantly lie. There are staff who seem pressured to sell these policies. As I said, they sell these as insurance without subscribing to the rules and regulations that come with the selling of insurance. My opinion is this is wrong and the floodgates reclaiming these policies may soon open.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I don't need to.

'Rebel11 - I have seen many a TV lifted in Curry's and only ever seen the two wheeled trolleys used - sorry. So it's certainly not the rule that they are carried by one person. If we were talking about a 24" TV then it's a different case entirely. But we aren't.'

'Oh and rebel, please don't assume to tell me what I believe to be true or not.'

please don't turn this into a bickering match!

The op asked for help, lets try to do that.

Right or wrong the policy was sold as whatever happens.

The very minium you require is a full explanition as why your claim was rejected.

Don't let them get away with it, court can cost as little as £30+ pounds

Just letting all you guys know... sent that letter off the other day, n recieved a letter from currys today saying their replacing my televsion, need to go down today and get one, they have given me a much higher value than i paid for mine, so big bonus... So Gary Perryment must of sorted it n just didnt bother getting in touch again as its 30 days since contacting him again. They also said my knowhow has been canceled... so i hope i can re open it with my new television and be more careful.

Where's the bickering?, it looks like Danny's got the help and has resolved the issue. Clearly every employee in Curry's

adheres to Health & Safety and uses a trolley to complete tasks.

please don't turn this into a bickering match!

The op asked for help, lets try to do that.

Right or wrong the policy was sold as whatever happens.

The very minium you require is a full explanition as why your claim was rejected.

Don't let them get away with it, court can cost as little as £30+ pounds

No not answers or anything, just there giving me 849 cash value :), got a new Samsung 46 3D TV that i was hustled into getting when i had my heart set on a LG 42 for the same price.. he persuaded me active alot better :/ and to get a £279 surround sound system with a 100 knocked off HAHA. so went for it. Says it has built in freeview yet that dosent work need to get it sorted..

This time... it was brought over in a trolley, my face lit up.. they did all the work put it in my car the lot and i got some friends to help with the rest. :)

this samsung is apparently the best out their for quality wise part from the panasonic one that was 300 more.....

But i find the 2D to 3D conversation not very noticable, and everytime ive used it its given me bad headaches and sore eyes, might have something to do with changing the settings to it now and then, my last one was passive but i only ever bought two 3D movies with it and watched them, so i wouldn't know how id feel if this one was a passive tv.... AHHH, dilemma!!

Feel like a wrongun taking the TV back to be swapped but end of the day if its not what was expected and what he made it out to be then i should.

Im on the 3rd floor in my house the top and its used by a arial cable thing, last TV i broke i had freeview like 15 channels all very good quality, but most i can manage from all the televsion options on this one is channel 1-5 very bad fuzzy!!

The roof aerial on my flats gives me 115 channels on the built in freeview tvs, no HD on that so I might get a booster aerial.

I got my TV from Currys and cancelled the insurance as I couldn't afford it after being made redundant.