Bannatynes mis-sold me memberships

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Jennifer,

I see in post #17 above, you said you'd report any ongoing collection activities to the CEO (Duncan Bannatyne).

However, after seeing how he treated a cancer sufferer/survivor in this Daily Telegraph-reported case, I wonder if this would, in fact, do you any good - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8896311/Cancer-survivor-banned-from-Bannatyne-gyms-after-court-case.html

Have a read and let me know if you think a complaint to Mr B is going to help you. If so, I'll suggest a brief letter to send.

:-D

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

:shock:.....Oh, maybe not then. It doesnt look as if Mr D is a very sympathetic man then so I wont bother wasting my time writing a letter directly to him. I will just wait and see if I do infact receive a court letter and if so, I would be really grateful if you could help me out with the defence

Thank you

xx

If it ever gets that far, we will certainly offer you all the help and support that we can.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

Morning everyone,

I received another letter yesterday from Bannatynes saying that:

Further to the recent "Notice Of Intention To Issue A County Court Claim" sent in relation to an outstanding balance held agaist your membership, as no payment has been received to settle the account we write to advise that our Courts Department may now seek to recover the balance through the County Court.

We would prefer to resolve this matter prior to any further action being taken. Currently a balance of £435.00 (husbands letter says £653.27) is held outstanding against your membership. As a gesture of goodwill, we will offer a 20% discount reduction on this balance providing this is received in full in 14 days of this letter.

As you know, I am not going to pay this due to the fact I strongly feel we were missold this, so shall I reply to this?

Thank you

Jen

xx

Further to the recent "Notice Of Intention To Issue A County Court Claim" sent in relation to an outstanding balance held agaist your membership, as no payment has been received to settle the account we write to advise that our Courts Department may now seek to recover the balance through the County Court.

We would prefer to resolve this matter prior to any further action being taken. Currently a balance of £435.00 (husbands letter says £653.27) is held outstanding against your membership. As a gesture of goodwill, we will offer a 20% discount reduction on this balance providing this is received in full in 14 days of this letter.

They also MAY dress in drag and do the hula.... Just saying. :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi Jennifer,

I suggest you reply saying:-

I refer to your letter of xxdate regarding court action.

I will not be paying the full amount, a reduced amount or any other amount, for reasons which I have already stated.

So, if you wish to take court action, please feel free to do so without waiting for your 14 day deadline to expire.

Yours faithfully

:wink:

Edited by slick132
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vicky,

We can only hope that Bannatynes and other gyms will recognise that the attitude of them and their admin companies will stop folk joining or staying with gyms.

• 2 months later...

Morning everyone,

Just thought I would update you all by letting you know that Ive not received anything from Bannatynes since December. I am quietly hoping they are not pursuing this any further, but another part of me is thinking - maybe a court letter will come through my door at any point :(

Jen

xx

I think any threat will be empty. In your place I would welcome them taking court action rather than living with uncertainty as they have little to zero chance of success.

From your 1st post they clearly mis-sold this, and any judge will see this. Their arguments are all flawed as if they did provide what was promised you'd still be using the gym.

Forget these fools, move on and if they do rear their ugly head we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi Jen and I agree with Locutus.

........ but another part of me is thinking - maybe a court letter will come through my door at any point :(

Jen

xx

Exactly 4 months ago in post #23 they said they were going to start legal proceedings and despite subsequent similar threats, they've haven't taken any action. Their threats appear to be hot air.

Don't worry about this any more - if they take court action, we'll give you all the help we can.

It may also be that Bannatynes are now trying to be careful about their actions. The OFT have closed their investigation into 3 of the big players on the understanding that they agree to treat members more fairly - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?384697-Gyms-forced-to-end-unfair-exit-clauses-in-contracts