BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2814 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys, Just a general question if anyone knows anything about holiday claim back.

I've booked Christmas Eve off from work as 1 full day's holiday, I've been told by a colleague they usually shut on christmas eve and let everyone go home on 1/2 day (12pm on an 8-4 shift), They told me they don't allow anyone who's booked the day off full to reclaim half a day holiday (or haven't in the past) yet anyonewho's in get's a free half day hoiday as "Gift".

As they claim this is a gift from the company do I have any grounds to reclaim half a day of my holiday as I was not able to accept this "gift" as such.

Thanks

Steve

Hello there.

I'm not sure if you mean Xmas Eve this year or last. If it's this year, can you cancel the day off? If that fits in with your plans of course.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hey, Yes it's christmas eve this year, Last year was a saturday so it was irrelevant and why I didn't know about this rule. The thing is If I cancel and they decide not to give me 1/2 a day off as this is not a contractual thing sometimes they just do it "from the goodness of their hearts" and I need the day off if possible anyway. I just assumed as they had given mostly their entire workforce half a day holiday fr nothing I should be entitled to reclaim liu time or something, it's just seems logical to me, but logical doesn't always mean lawful .

Thank you for the clarification. I'm sure someone here will know the answer and I expect the guys will be along soon.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Unfortunately it's one of those rubbish situations that crops up frequently. Basically, the company are right. You have to book off whatever your normal hours would be on that day.

I agree it seems unfair, but letting people go home early is a gesture of goodwill on the employers part. I suspect if employees started complaining, they would just stop people going home early!

Ok I suspected as much, thanks for the clarification :)